Anaplan Business Architect
The Anaplan Business Architect will report directly into the Anaplan COE team within the Finance Systems & Integrations organization within Applied Materials. In this position, the Business Architect will be responsible for leading and delivering integrated planning solutions within the Anaplan landscape for the Finance Organization. This includes the leading and execution of all project phases, including planning, design, build, test, and deployment. This is a hands-on position, which requires extensive understanding and application of Anaplan best practices, model schemas, model optimizations, system integration, financial business processes, and financial planning procedures.
In this role, the Business Architect will be required to work closely with the COE Lead and Solutions Architects to ensure continuity and best practices are applied across all models. It is expected that the Business Architect have a strong technical knowledge of the Anaplan application, modeling concepts, schemas, and system architectures. The Business Architect must be able to work closely with the Finance FP&A stakeholders at both the corporate and segment levels to collect, align, interpret, and translate requirements into solutions.
- Partner with the business to ensure user stories are properly documented and clearly identify the requested enhancement.
- Performs modifications and/or enhancements to existing spoke model formulas and calculations.
- Performing system development & enhancements to existing spoke modules.
- Provides system demos of POC's and updated models to the business.
- Serves as point of contact for technical questions and feedback with other WSA (Workspace Admins), such as Spoke Model WSA, Data Hub WSA, Security WSA
- Ensures data is understood, used, and shared effectively, and meeting Anaplan best practices / standards.
- Support execution of model optimization or model improvement activities for existing models as directed by the Solutions Architect
- Partners with Security and the WSA Admins to support the development and maintenance of security roles within the spoke models.
- Quarterly review of spoke model (Dev/QA) access/role assignments and communicates to security cleanup actions.
- Provides Knowledge Transfer to Spoke Model WSA prior to migration to production as part of ALM checklist.
- Monitors and helps to maintain Anaplan workspace size increases (per guidance from Anaplan COE Lead and model leads)
- Create new and maintain the existing UX pages, including various reports, charts, tables, and graphics.
- Solid and robust understanding of integrated financial planning and quarter end processes, including upstream and downstream data integration and data flows.
- Fluent in Anaplan model building best practices and methodologies, including data hub to spoke model and spoke model to spoke model integration.
- Strong understanding of how upstream source systems are integrated with Anaplan, including SAP, BPC, MDG, and other data source applications. Includes understanding data integration / flows from source to data hub to spoke model.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and succinctly both verbally and written, to summarize complex business requirements and technical issues into simple clear concise messages for management team.
- Demonstrates ability to establish effective relationships across multiple functions within the organization.
- Ability to prioritize and close issues in a fast-paced complex environment.
- Common problem solving and critical thinking.
- Proactive, independent, and resourceful individual who is self-motivated and able to proactively self-identify issues and drive them to resolution.
- Able to work effectively with end user community to gather requirements, solution, develop POC's and implement.
- Experienced in both Agile and Waterfall Project Management methodologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in either Computer Science, MIS (Management Information Systems) and/or Finance
- Minimum Anaplan L3 Model Builder Certified
- Minimum 3 years of Anaplan modeling experience
- Minimum 5 years of industry experience
- 5+ years of Financial Accounting and Financial Planning & Analysis preferred.
- 2+ years of Project Management experience
Years of Experience:
7 - 10 Years
Yes, 20% of the Time
U.S. Salary Range:
$108,000.00 - $148,500.00
The salary offered to a selected candidate will be based on multiple factors including location, hire grade, job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and with consideration of internal equity of our current team members. In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, candidates may be eligible for other forms of compensation such as participation in a bonus and a stock award program, as applicable.
For all sales roles, the posted salary range is the Target Total Cash (TTC) range for the role, which is the sum of base salary and target bonus amount at 100% goal achievement.
Applied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.