For over 60 years, Super-Pufft has been in the snack food business. Over the past two decades since the business was purchased by new ownership, Super-Pufft has grown from a small popcorn factory to having 3 state-of-the-art SQF certified facilities across Canada. The new owners brought their previous manufacturing experience and entrepreneurial nature to Super-Pufft.
Just a few years after purchasing the company, new product lines were added, to extend the range and volume of snack food offerings. The company has always been in tune with the dynamic of demand and capacity and continues to innovate market winning products.
Quality Assurance and Food Safety Coordinator
The Quality Assurance and Food Safety Coordinator position is responsible for the efficient coordination of team members aiming to maintain the quality of product in a continuous improvement-based environment, while also maintaining and safe work environment. This is to be accomplished through directing and monitoring the activities of employees; effective leadership, coaching and development of individuals; and through building team dynamics targeting quality assurance and sanitation techniques. Responsible for coordinating Food safety prerequisite programs for the entire food manufacturing plant.
Quality Assurance Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Coordinate new hire orientation and annual training for employees relating to quality and food safety programs.
Utilizes metrics/data to evaluate and improve quality assurance procedures and processes.
Monitor, support, and enforce all food safety processes and procedures including SQF, AIB, and customer specific standards.
Trained as SQF Practitioner • Participation in Internal Audits and Food Safety inspections.
Leading and Developing Team Members: (Requirement to work a variable schedule to meet operational requirements)
- Coaching team members on a daily basis in the principles of effective quality assurance
- Leads the team through an emphasis on both quality assurance and people.
- Communicates effectively with employees through both oral and written means.
- Conducts employee training to improve employees’ expertise and knowledge in quality assurance techniques, work safety procedures, and teamwork, or assigns employee training to experienced workers.
- Provides feedback to employees on individual performance standards in a timely and efficient manner.
- Builds rapport and collaborative relationships across cross-functional teams.
Food Quality/Sanitation Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Coordinating cross-functionally the MSS and IPM schedules and needs
Developing and implementing sanitation improvement plans (equipment, people, process) to enhance sanitation systems and align with key performance targets.
Monitoring chemical inventories and sanitation equipment to ensure hazardous materials and/or wastes are handled properly.
Serving as the facility contact and support for external resources such as chemical vendors, IPM contractors and waste collectors.
Supporting policy compliance, procedure execution and records collection to ensure consistently successful audits and inspections
Utilizing metrics/data to evaluate, report and improve sanitation procedures, processes and efficiencies.
Education and Relevant Work Experience:
- Post-secondary education in Biological or Food Sciences (preferred),
- Experience in quality assurance or food safety, or similar role (Coordinator/Supervisor role minimum 3 years)
- Safe Quality Food Program (SQF) Certification
- AIB Food Safety Certification
- Ability to take charge of, maintain, and organize document control.
- In depth knowledge of food safety systems and HACCP principles and experience implementing and maintaining HACCP plans.
- Focused attention when working with file management to keep accurate, up-to-date, and organized files.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel) and other databases and spreadsheet applications.
- Variable shift: 1 week of night shift each month.
Our Plant address is Super Pufft Snacks, 705 East Lake Rd NE, Airdrie, Alberta, Canada T4A 2J6
Role Contribution Level: Individual Contributor/Subject Matter Expert