ABM, a leading provider of integrated facility solutions, is looking for a Utility engineer.
The Utility person provides assistance with various maintenance projects including operating, maintaining, and inspecting facility equipment in accordance with written, posted and industry standards. Performs regular inspections and reports findings with recommendations to management.
ABM (NYSE: ABM) is a leading provider of facility solutions with revenues of approximately $6.4 billion and over 130,000 employees in 300 offices deployed throughout the United States and various international locations. ABM’s comprehensive capabilities include electrical & lighting, energy solutions, facilities engineering, HVAC & mechanical, janitorial, landscape & turf, mission critical solutions and parking, provided through stand-alone or integrated solutions. Founded in 1909, ABM provides custom facility solutions in urban, suburban and rural areas to properties of all sizes — from schools and commercial buildings to hospitals, data centers, manufacturing plants and airports.
The Company may require that the successful candidate hired for this position be fully-vaccinated for COVID-19, if and to the extent permitted by applicable law. The Company will make exceptions for medical, sincerely held religious belief, or other legally required exceptions.
Pay: $18.00 - $20.00/hr
The pay listed is the salary range for this position. An offer will vary based on the applicant's education, experience, skills, abilities, geographic location, and alignment with market data.
ABM offers a comprehensive benefits package. For information about ABM’s benefits, visit ABM 2023 Employee Benefits | Front Line Team Members(Programa de beneficios de).
401(k) – You become eligible to make personal contributions beginning the first of the month following 30 days of employment. You become eligible for the ABM match beginning the first of the month following six months of employment. ABM matches your pre-tax and/or Roth contributions, dollar for dollar, for the first 3%. For the next 2%, ABM contributes $0.50 for each dollar you contribute. Your contributions and match are immediately vested.
- Assist Engineering team with preventative maintenance activities.
- Perform general lighting maintenance/repairs.
- Perform plumbing/restroom maintenance/repairs.
- Monitor and maintain stock/parts/supplies.
- Perform all work using the proper safety equipment and in a safe manner.
- Assist with maintenance or repair work performed by outside contractors.
- Complies with all policies and procedures established for the building.
- Ability to work long hours occasionally and some weekends.
- Periodically acts as the on-call engineer for office building.
- Actively participates in emergency response procedures, technical and safety training programs.
- Actively work on professional development and continue to improve skills through training offered on the job, and sponsored extra-curricular activities, classes and workshops.
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum of 1 year in related field.
- Familiarity with mobile devices/smartphone.
- Good interpersonal skills and a positive team attitude.
- Strong customer service skills.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk long distances, lift or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 100 pounds.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of duties that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
ABM offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k) plan with immediate vesting, short and long-term disability, PTO, paid holidays and more.
ABM values the rich diversity of its workforce. We strive to foster a work environment of respect and engagement that harnesses our workforce’s diversity to our common goal of providing prompt and superior client service.
ABM is an EOE/AA (M/F/Vet/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation)and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance in completing the employment application, please call 888-328-8606. We will provide you with assistance and make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
•ABM does not sell or share your personal information.
•We collect basic personal details like your name and address, work history, and other employment related personal information. We also collect Sensitive Personal Information like race/ethnicity because we are required to do so by law.
•We collect this information in order to process your employment with us.
•We will keep your information for as long as is required by law.
Prior to the submission of your personal information, please review our Employee Privacy Notice. If you are from California, please review our California Employee Privacy Notice.