ABM, a leading provider of integrated facility solutions, is looking for a Utility engineer.
The Utility person provides assistance with various maintenance projects including operating, maintaining, and inspecting facility equipment in accordance with written, posted and industry standards. Performs regular inspections and reports findings with recommendations to management.
ABM (NYSE: ABM) is a leading provider of facility solutions with revenues of approximately $6.4 billion and over 130,000 employees in 300 offices deployed throughout the United States and various international locations. ABM’s comprehensive capabilities include electrical & lighting, energy solutions, facilities engineering, HVAC & mechanical, janitorial, landscape & turf, mission critical solutions and parking, provided through stand-alone or integrated solutions. Founded in 1909, ABM provides custom facility solutions in urban, suburban and rural areas to properties of all sizes — from schools and commercial buildings to hospitals, data centers, manufacturing plants and airports.
The Company may require that the successful candidate hired for this position be fully-vaccinated for COVID-19, if and to the extent permitted by applicable law. The Company will make exceptions for medical, sincerely held religious belief, or other legally required exceptions.
- Repair and maintenance of restroom and breakroom plumbing fixtures.
- Clearing drains by means of plunger and hand-held auger.
- General labor, such as carrying, stacking, organizing materials used in and around the job site.
- Debris and trash removal not part of janitorial contract or scope of work.
- Repairs and cleaning of HVAC registers, radiators return grills.
- Minor repairs of furniture.
- Maintaining and/or replacing door hardware.
- Repair or replacement of Herculite doors and hardware must be performed by competent vendor or third party.
- Repair / replacement of venetian blinds.
- Maintenance painting in mechanical and electrical rooms.
- Touch up painting in building common areas.
- Touch up painting in tenant spaces when authorized by property management.
- General cleaning in mechanical spaces.
- General cleaning of exterior entry spaces using vacuum, mop, broom, steam cleaner / high pressure sprayer, and other types of cleaning devices or equipment.
- Miscellaneous handyman work requiring the limited use of hand tools.
- Cleaning roof drains, air vents, registers and radiators.
- Replacing lamps and cleaning light fixtures.
- Ballast replacement per ABM Lockout / Tagout polices.
- Replacing ceiling tiles.
- Floor tile replacement.
- Replacing air filters.
- Cleaning of engineering shop areas.
- Replacing fire extinguishers.
- Hanging framed objects not requiring the use of power tools other than cordless drill/drivers.
- Proven maintenance experience
- Skilled in the use of hand and power tools
- Ability to take apart machines, equipment, or devices to remove and replace defective parts
- Ability to check blueprints, repair manuals, or parts catalogs as necessary
- Ability to use common tools such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches
- Experience with precision measuring instruments or electronic testing devices
- Experience performing routine maintenance
- Strong organizational and follow up skills
- Eye for detail
- Professional presentation and attitude
- Ability to maintain focus while working individually
- Strong time management skills
$41 - $48.64 an hour
The pay listed is the hourly range or the hourly rate for this position. A specific offer will vary based on applicant’s experience, skills, abilities, geographic location, and alignment with market data.
Shift: Monday – Friday
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of duties that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
ABM offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k) plan with immediate vesting, short and long-term disability, PTO, paid holidays and more.
ABM values the rich diversity of its workforce. We strive to foster a work environment of respect and engagement that harnesses our workforce’s diversity to our common goal of providing prompt and superior client service.
ABM is an EOE/AA (M/F/Vet/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation)and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance in completing the employment application, please call 888-328-8606. We will provide you with assistance and make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
•ABM does not sell or share your personal information.
•We collect basic personal details like your name and address, work history, and other employment related personal information. We also collect Sensitive Personal Information like race/ethnicity because we are required to do so by law.
•We collect this information in order to process your employment with us.
•We will keep your information for as long as is required by law.
Prior to the submission of your personal information, please review our Employee Privacy Notice. If you are from California, please review our California Employee Privacy Notice.