ABM (NYSE: ABM) is a leading provider of facility solutions with revenues of approximately $6.4 billion and over 130,000 employees in 300+ offices deployed throughout the United States and various international locations. ABM’s comprehensive capabilities include electrical & lighting, energy solutions, facilities engineering, HVAC & mechanical, janitorial, landscape & turf, mission critical solutions and parking, provided through stand-alone or integrated solutions. Founded in 1909, ABM provides custom facility solutions in urban, suburban and rural areas to properties of all sizes — from schools and commercial buildings to hospitals, data centers, manufacturing plants and airports.
The Janitorial Supervisor is an onsite position. They will lead the staff by overseeing the cleanliness and safety of the university campus. The Supervisor will assign additional duties or reassign staff as needed.
Monday - Friday: Day shift. Requesting for a flexible schedule.
- Accomplishes staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; conducting training; implementing enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by establishing and enforcing organization standards; adhering to legal regulations.
- Completes operations by developing schedules; assigning and monitoring work; gathering resources; implementing productivity standards; resolving operations problems; maintaining reference manuals; implementing new procedures.
- Oversight of foreperson and front-line employees as well as maintaining optimum staffing levels.
- Respond timely to client requests - participate in client walk-throughs, address client concerns, following up on all additional services provided.
- Provides quality service by enforcing quality and customer service standards.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Reports directly to the Contract Manager.
- At least 3-5 years supervisory experience in an educational setting preferred
- Minimum of a high school diploma
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Excellent decision-making and leadership capabilities
- Conflict resolution experience
- Understanding of Union Environment and Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Proficient with Word, Excel, Outlook/Email, Google suit and use of technology as required.
- Ability to establish and maintain work standards adhering to health and safety requirements
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to assess situations and make logical decisions
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Ability to set priorities and manage conflicting demands
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Basic knowledge of industrial janitorial cleaning
- The work is performed in an academic environment. Service provided is spread over several buildings; with a wide variety of personnel with different functions, personalities, and abilities.
- Physical Demands
- The work requires routine walking, standing, bending and carrying items weighing less than 50 pounds.
- Physical Abilities
- The following figures convey the relevant and relative physical abilities an applicant or employee must possess to fulfill the job functions and duties:
- Standing 70%Sitting 5%Squatting/Stooping 15%Reaching 10%Lifting 50 lbs.
$72,000 - $72,000 semi monthly
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of duties that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
ABM offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k) plan with immediate vesting, short and long-term disability, PTO, paid holidays and more.
ABM values the rich diversity of its workforce. We strive to foster a work environment of respect and engagement that harnesses our workforce’s diversity to our common goal of providing prompt and superior client service.
ABM participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Este empleador participa en E-Verify y proporcionará al gobierno federal la información de su Formulario I-9 para confirmar que usted está autorizado para trabajar en los Estados Unidos.
ABM is an EOE (Minority / Female / Veteran / Disability / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation) and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance in completing the employment application, please call 888-328-8606. We will provide you with assistance and make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
•ABM does not sell or share your personal information.
•We collect basic personal details like your name and address, work history, and other employment related personal information. We also collect Sensitive Personal Information like race/ethnicity because we are required to do so by law.
•We collect this information in order to process your employment with us.
•We will keep your information for as long as is required by law.
Prior to the submission of your personal information, please review our Employee Privacy Notice. If you are from California, please review our California Employee Privacy Notice.