ABM, a leading provider of integrated facility solutions, is looking for an Engineering Supervisor.
ABM (NYSE: ABM) is a leading provider of facility solutions with revenues of approximately $6.4 billion and over 130,000 employees in 300 offices deployed throughout the United States and various international locations. ABM’s comprehensive capabilities include electrical & lighting, energy solutions, facilities engineering, HVAC & mechanical, janitorial, landscape & turf, mission critical solutions and parking, provided through stand-alone or integrated solutions. Founded in 1909, ABM provides custom facility solutions in urban, suburban and rural areas to properties of all sizes — from schools and commercial buildings to hospitals, data centers, manufacturing plants and airports.
The Company may require that the successful candidate hired for this position be fully-vaccinated for COVID-19, if and to the extent permitted by applicable law. The Company will make exceptions for medical, sincerely held religious belief, or other legally required exceptions.
The Maintenance Supervisor provides assistance with various maintenance projects including operating, maintaining, and inspecting facility equipment in accordance with written, posted and industry standards. Performs regular inspections and reports findings with recommendations to management.
ABM offers a comprehensive benefits package. For information about ABM’s benefits, visit ABM 2023 Employee Benefits | Front Line Team Members.
REPRESENTATIVE FUNCTIONS OR DUTIES:
- Provides supervison for engineering staff at the direction of the Chief Engineer.
- Performs and administers the necessary preventive maintenance and operations work orders as well as provides applicable quality assurance inspections. Reports and collaborates with Chief Engineer on status and findings. Recommends improvements to the program and implements as directed.
- Provides hands-on and classroom training for engineering staff and promotes an environment of learning and development.
- Provides and manages stock levels on all engineering equipment and parts.
- Schedule all activities of the Stationary Engineers and inspects work performed and materials used. Evaluates all work orders, assess priorities, and distributes them to responsible staff for action, monitor progress, and adjust resources to accommodate emergency maintenance requests.
- Reviews incomplete work orders and informs requestor of schedule changes. Provide regular reports to the Chief Engineer regarding any scheduled work delayed for parts, emergencies, or other reasons.
- Schedule engineers for regular workdays, holidays, and vacation relief.
- Prepares labor and material purchase requisitions and distributes for approval.
- Maintain self-improvement program and keep abreast of new equipment, standards, codes, maintenance procedures and emergency response regarding hazardous materials.
- Consistently maintain appearance that is appropriate, safe, and in accordance with ABM Engineering Services standards. Always display clean and visible identification.
- Demonstrates commitment to quality of service.
- Complies with ABM Engineering Services and site-specific policies and procedures.
- Maintains regular attendance in the workplace.
- Maintain building as-built drawings. Read, interpret, and understand.
- Perform related duties as required.
- Assist in planning and forecasting 5-year plans.
- Report to management of the facility related issues.
- Works with management on plant related and tenant related issues.
- Develop, maintain, and update the preventive maintenance program to comply with ABM Engineering Services, industry standards and site-specific requirements.
- Set and maintain a professional work environment with staff.
- Assure effective communication.
- Ensure standards of service and commitment.
- Ensure compliance with safe practices and standards.
- Develop goals for department, staff, and self.
- Build morale and a team approach.
- Compliance with employment laws.
- Support growth opportunities and potential.
SKILLS / EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Experience that is commensurate with the specific facility for the position of Maintenance Supervisor.
- Strong employee relation skills, coaching skills, and training skills.
- As required, highest-level relevant state/local license for stationary engineer and/or HVAC, plus universal level refrigerant recovery license.
- BOMA accredited courses desirable.
- Preferred: High-rise Fire Safety Director, Haz-Mat Certification, Indoor Air Quality Certification, LEED Certification.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Computer skills and building automation systems experience required.
- Certification meeting OSHA ACM awareness training requirements as required.
- Working knowledge of energy conservation required, formal training preferred.
$28 - $30 an hour
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of duties that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
ABM offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k) plan with immediate vesting, short and long-term disability, PTO, paid holidays and more.
ABM values the rich diversity of its workforce. We strive to foster a work environment of respect and engagement that harnesses our workforce’s diversity to our common goal of providing prompt and superior client service.
ABM participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Este empleador participa en E-Verify y proporcionará al gobierno federal la información de su Formulario I-9 para confirmar que usted está autorizado para trabajar en los Estados Unidos.
ABM is an EOE (Minority / Female / Veteran / Disability / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation) and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance in completing the employment application, please call 888-328-8606. We will provide you with assistance and make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
•ABM does not sell or share your personal information.
•We collect basic personal details like your name and address, work history, and other employment related personal information. We also collect Sensitive Personal Information like race/ethnicity because we are required to do so by law.
•We collect this information in order to process your employment with us.
•We will keep your information for as long as is required by law.
Prior to the submission of your personal information, please review our Employee Privacy Notice. If you are from California, please review our California Employee Privacy Notice.