ABM (NYSE: ABM) is a leading provider of facility solutions with revenues of approximately $6.4 billion and over 130,000 employees in 300+ offices deployed throughout the United States and various international locations. ABM’s comprehensive capabilities include electrical & lighting, energy solutions, facilities engineering, HVAC & mechanical, janitorial, landscape & turf, mission critical solutions and parking, provided through stand-alone or integrated solutions. Founded in 1909, ABM provides custom facility solutions in urban, suburban and rural areas to properties of all sizes — from schools and commercial buildings to hospitals, data centers, manufacturing plants and airports.
The Company may require that the successful candidate hired for this position be fully-vaccinated for COVID-19, if and to the extent permitted by applicable law. The Company will make exceptions for medical, sincerely held religious belief, or other legally required exceptions.
The Cleaner/Helper C will complete work orders. They will assist with the trash-out of vacant apartments, e.g., moving heavy/bulky items to dumpster. They will assist service staff with maintenance functions as requested. They will maintain and cleans common spaces, mechanical, electrical and shop areas. They will perform simple procedures and tasks and other routine maintenance duties. They will maintain regular attendance in the workplace and provide the highest quality of service to the tenants, staff and visitors at the facility.
ABM offers a comprehensive benefits package. For information about ABM’s benefits, visit ABM 2023 Employee Benefits | Front Line Team Members.
FUNCTIONS OR DUTIES
- Complete work orders that are within your classification. It is up to the Head Janitor/Assistant Head Janitor to distribute work orders accordingly. If a work order is beyond your job classification, it is your duty to report this to your supervisor in order for the trouble to be rectified in a timely manner.
- Responsible for moving all trash containers on property. On days that help is needed, It is your responsibility to let the Head Janitor know that assistance is needed.
- Maintain the equipment for garbage removal.
- Assist with snow and ice removal.
- Maintain and cleans common spaces, mechanical, electrical and shop areas.
- Assist with the trash-out of vacant apartments; e.g., moving heavy/bulky items to dumpster. Assist service staff with maintenance functions as requested.
- Coordinates parts, supplies, and equipment from local vendors and inventory.
- Performs simple procedures and tasks and other routine maintenance duties.
- Basic repair and maintenance of HVAC, electrical and plumbing equipment and systems.
- Performs miscellaneous tasks as assigned by the Head Janitor and Assistant Head Janitor.
- Foster a work environment that promotes energy conservation and continuous improvement of engineering functions.
- As appropriate records all pertinent data in building logbooks, make all appropriate daily entries.
- Process administrative paperwork in accordance to departmental policies and procedure.
- Actively functions as a team member.
- Demonstrates commitment to quality of service.
- Complies with ABM Engineering Services and facility policies and procedures.
- Complies and participates with ABM Engineering Services safety program.
- Complies and participates in facility specific safety program.
- Maintain regular attendance in the work place.
- Provide highest quality of service to the tenants, staff and visitors at the facility.
- Participate in regular required communication with Head Janitor, assistant Head Janitor, management, tenants and other staff.
- Must be able to work on a ladder or elevated surface.
SKILLS / EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Experience that is commensurate with the specific facility for the position of utility engineer.
- Computer skills at a level to interact with building and ABM Engineering Services computerized systems in place.
- Certification meeting OSHA ACM awareness training requirements as required.
- Working knowledge of energy conservation strategies (energy saving lighting, etc.).
$19.87 - $19.87 an hour
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of duties that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
ABM offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k) plan with immediate vesting, short and long-term disability, PTO, paid holidays and more.
ABM values the rich diversity of its workforce. We strive to foster a work environment of respect and engagement that harnesses our workforce’s diversity to our common goal of providing prompt and superior client service.
ABM participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Este empleador participa en E-Verify y proporcionará al gobierno federal la información de su Formulario I-9 para confirmar que usted está autorizado para trabajar en los Estados Unidos.
ABM is an EOE (Minority / Female / Veteran / Disability / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation) and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance in completing the employment application, please call 888-328-8606. We will provide you with assistance and make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
•ABM does not sell or share your personal information.
•We collect basic personal details like your name and address, work history, and other employment related personal information. We also collect Sensitive Personal Information like race/ethnicity because we are required to do so by law.
•We collect this information in order to process your employment with us.
•We will keep your information for as long as is required by law.
Prior to the submission of your personal information, please review our Employee Privacy Notice. If you are from California, please review our California Employee Privacy Notice.