ABM (NYSE: ABM) is a leading provider of facility solutions with revenues of approximately $6.4 billion and over 130,000 employees in 300+ offices deployed throughout the United States and various international locations. ABM’s comprehensive capabilities include electrical & lighting, energy solutions, facilities engineering, HVAC & mechanical, janitorial, landscape & turf, mission critical solutions and parking, provided through stand-alone or integrated solutions. Founded in 1909, ABM provides custom facility solutions in urban, suburban and rural areas to properties of all sizes — from schools and commercial buildings to hospitals, data centers, manufacturing plants and airports.
The Engineer will work directly with property management, leasing, engineering leadership, vendors, and construction in various facets to deliver top tier asset management with a budget conscious focus and a customer centric experience. The EM is responsible for all properties in their region and must be involved in every aspect of maintaining these assets. This must be done in a manner that not only protects but maximizes the value of the properties.
The Company may require that the successful candidate hired for this position be fully-vaccinated for COVID-19, if and to the extent permitted by applicable law. The Company will make exceptions for medical, sincerely held religious belief, or other legally required exceptions.
ABM, a leading provider of integrated facility solutions, is looking for a Engineer.
The Engineer supports the designated leadership with the daily operations of all building systems. This includes hard surface maintenance and repair, basic carpentry and metal work, operating, maintaining and repairing all facility system equipment associated with HVAC operations and mechanical and electrical systems. The Building Engineer will also respond to customer requests and submit and close work orders as necessary and perform other duties as assigned.
Benefit Information: ABM offers a comprehensive benefits package. For information about ABM’s benefits, visit ABM 2023 Employee Benefits | Front Line Team Members (Programa de beneficios de).
The Engineer performs scheduled maintenance, safety inspections and repairs to varying types of equipment.
- Follows safe practices and complies with company and regulatory standards.
- Qualified to operate or assist in operating all heating and ventilating equipment, engines, turbines, motors, combustion engines, pumps, air compressors, ice and refrigerating machines, air conditioning units, fans and siphons on the site assigned.
- Must be flexible and willing to complete all tasks as assigned.
- You will be responsible for working with both internal and external customers on technical issues, work scope recommendations and failure investigations.
- You could work in a variety of engineering departments based on current needs.
- Provides engineering support for a wide range of systems, maintenance programs, engines as well as operational engineering functions.
- Must be able to understand, analyze and seek solutions to the design, operation, maintenance, performance or repair of vehicles/equipment and their components.
- Should be able to logically approach problem solving, define a maintenance program or configuration and ensure a safe and legal operation.
- Reviews Service Bulletins (SBs) from manufacture or component manufacture
- Develops solutions and implementation plans, project justification, cost/benefit analysis, and overall management of project implementation and coordinate warranty recovery on SBs that are applicable.
- Organizes and manages the priorities for assigned responsibilities and accomplishes the work process to meet all deliverable for projects as well as maintenance program changes and technical specification revisions.
- Coordinates work with other operational groups to ensure safety, regulatory compliance, operational reliability and operational efficiency.
- 3 plus years of engineering experience
- Engineering skill sets which can be applied to a range of systems, maintenance programs and engines.
- For service engineering positions, these same technical skills are applied towards operational issues versus project specific work.
- Ability to analyze complex technical issues, detailed level of project management for regulatory compliance modifications.
- Excellent verbal and technical writing skills needed.
$34.95 - $34.95 a week
Shift: Tuesday through Saturday, 3pm-11pm
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of duties that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
ABM offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k) plan with immediate vesting, short and long-term disability, PTO, paid holidays and more.
ABM values the rich diversity of its workforce. We strive to foster a work environment of respect and engagement that harnesses our workforce’s diversity to our common goal of providing prompt and superior client service.
ABM participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Este empleador participa en E-Verify y proporcionará al gobierno federal la información de su Formulario I-9 para confirmar que usted está autorizado para trabajar en los Estados Unidos.
ABM is an EOE (Minority / Female / Veteran / Disability / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation) and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance in completing the employment application, please call 888-328-8606. We will provide you with assistance and make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
•ABM does not sell or share your personal information.
•We collect basic personal details like your name and address, work history, and other employment related personal information. We also collect Sensitive Personal Information like race/ethnicity because we are required to do so by law.
•We collect this information in order to process your employment with us.
•We will keep your information for as long as is required by law.
Prior to the submission of your personal information, please review our Employee Privacy Notice. If you are from California, please review our California Employee Privacy Notice.