ABM, a leading provider of integrated facility solutions, is looking for a Building Engineer.
The Building Engineer supports the designated leadership with the daily operations of all building systems. This includes hard surface maintenance and repair, basic carpentry and metal work, operating, maintaining and repairing all facility system equipment associated with HVAC operations and mechanical and electrical systems. The Building Engineer will also respond to customer requests and submit and close work orders as necessary and perform other duties as assigned.
The Company may require that the successful candidate hired for this position be fully-vaccinated for COVID-19, if and to the extent permitted by applicable law. The Company will make exceptions for medical, sincerely held religious belief, or other legally required exceptions.
Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm
Pay: $28 - $30/hr
The pay listed is the hourly range or the hourly rate for this position. A specific offer will vary based on applicant's experience, skills, abilities, geographic location and alignment with market data.
ABM offers a comprehensive benefits package. For information about ABM’s benefits, visit ABM 2023 Employee Benefits | Front Line Team Members (Programa de beneficios de).
401(k) – You become eligible to make personal contributions beginning the first of the month following 30 days of employment. You become eligible for the ABM match beginning the first of the month following six months of employment. ABM matches your pre-tax and/or Roth contributions, dollar for dollar, for the first 3%. For the next 2%, ABM contributes $0.50 for each dollar you contribute. Your contributions and match are immediately vested.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate, maintain and repair all boilers, heaters, pumps, valves, appurtenances, and lines used in the distribution of steam and heated or processed water.
- Operate, maintain and repair refrigerant compressors, condensers, evaporators, traps, transfer pumps, expansion valves, stop valves and float valves, together with all refrigerant lines and devices used to control temperature.
- Operate, maintain and repair pumps, handling brines or other secondary refrigerating liquids, together with all valves, appurtenances and lines used in the system.
- Operate, maintain and repair air compressors, together with distribution lines and all valves and devices for air control.
- Operate, maintain and repair all natural and manufactured gas distribution lines, including all valves and control devices.
- Operate, maintain and repair water filters softeners, piping and pumps used in conjunction with water distribution, including all sinks, toilet bowls, supply lines, drains and water lines.
- Operate, maintain and repair all types of electrical motors and engines used to power pumps, compressors and fans.
- Operate, maintain and repair of fuel oil systems including pumps, valves, lines, controls and fuel tanks. • Operate, maintain and repair sanitary sewer systems, including sump pumps, basins, water closets, urinals and piping.
- Maintain and repair trash compactors, including electrical and hydraulic systems.
- Maintain and repair kitchen equipment.
- Maintain electrical power distribution and auxiliaries for the building’s lighting, mechanical, plumbing and control components including lighting maintenance.
- Maintain proper operation during seasonal changes and recalibrate controls based upon seasonal conditions to assure energy efficient operation.
- Maintain all equipment as required per the Preventive Maintenance Program. The Preventive Maintenance program will be scheduled to meet the manufacturer’s required services specifications.
- Life/Safety and security systems - Equipment maintenance applicable in Engineer’s scope will be included
- Other duties and responsibilities as requested by Building Management
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of duties that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
ABM offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k) plan with immediate vesting, short and long-term disability, PTO, paid holidays and more.
ABM values the rich diversity of its workforce. We strive to foster a work environment of respect and engagement that harnesses our workforce’s diversity to our common goal of providing prompt and superior client service.
ABM participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Este empleador participa en E-Verify y proporcionará al gobierno federal la información de su Formulario I-9 para confirmar que usted está autorizado para trabajar en los Estados Unidos.
ABM is an EOE (Minority / Female / Veteran / Disability / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation) and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance in completing the employment application, please call 888-328-8606. We will provide you with assistance and make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
•ABM does not sell or share your personal information.
•We collect basic personal details like your name and address, work history, and other employment related personal information. We also collect Sensitive Personal Information like race/ethnicity because we are required to do so by law.
•We collect this information in order to process your employment with us.
•We will keep your information for as long as is required by law.
Prior to the submission of your personal information, please review our Employee Privacy Notice. If you are from California, please review our California Employee Privacy Notice.