ABM, a leading provider of integrated facility solutions, is looking for an Engineering Supervisor.
ABM (NYSE: ABM) is a leading provider of facility solutions with revenues of approximately $6.4 billion and over 130,000 employees in 300 offices deployed throughout the United States and various international locations. ABM’s comprehensive capabilities include electrical & lighting, energy solutions, facilities engineering, HVAC & mechanical, janitorial, landscape & turf, mission critical solutions and parking, provided through stand-alone or integrated solutions. Founded in 1909, ABM provides custom facility solutions in urban, suburban and rural areas to properties of all sizes — from schools and commercial buildings to hospitals, data centers, manufacturing plants and airports.
The Company may require that the successful candidate hired for this position be fully-vaccinated for COVID-19, if and to the extent permitted by applicable law. The Company will make exceptions for medical, sincerely held religious belief, or other legally required exceptions.
Position Summary Details:
The pay listed is the hourly range or the hourly rate for this position. A specific offer will vary based on applicant’s experience, skills, abilities, geographic location, and alignment with market data.
Benefit Information: ABM offers a comprehensive benefits package. For information about ABM’s benefits, visit ABM 2023 Employee Benefits | Front Line Team Members (Programa de beneficios de).
We are looking for a dynamic and highly resourceful Building Engineering Operations Supervisor to join our team!
The Building Engineering Operations Supervisor will be responsible for overseeing facility management and engineering operations for a large 1.8 million sq. ft site. They will lead a team of 20 Building Engineers, managing all mechanical systems/equipment including HVAC, Electrical, Fire and Life Safety systems.
The Building Engineering Operations Supervisor will be a high energy team-player, who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible, proactive, and efficient. The individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communications, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The role will require the individual to anticipate business needs and deliver on key metrics within defined timelines.
- Completes a broad variety of operational tasks including creating data visualization reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential, maintaining executive files, and support the operations team in interpretation of data, and metrics.
- Provide hands-on supervision of Building Engineers, managing all mechanical systems/equipment including HVAC, Electrical, Fire and Life Safety systems.
- Anticipates needs and proactively bring together appropriate people and resources to support the executive in addressing these issues.
- Effectively manage projects from start to finish from discovery of requirements to attainment of project goal.
- Establish client relationships with key accounts, assist in the management of problem solving and creating a solid workflow and follow up on key initiatives.
- Completes critical aspects of deliverables and special assignments by establishing objectives; determining priorities; managing time; gaining cooperation of others; monitoring progress; problem solving; adjusting plans as necessary.
- Enhances company’s reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Builds the operational agenda of senior management team meetings and off-sites, and all staff meetings.
- Managing external contacts; proactively understanding who they are, who the primary contacts are, and keeping track of periodic communication needed for primary contacts.
- Continuous improvement by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; implementing changes, and communicating to establish team adoption.
- Effectively handle Leadership related activities and communications with a high degree of professionalism, accuracy, and confidentiality.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- 5 pus years of Engineering industry knowledge, and operational support
- 5+ years’ medical/healthcare industry experience required.
- Supervisory or Team Lead experience required.
- Valid Driver's License required.
- Ability to always remain composed and professional.
- Trust and discretion must be beyond question.
- Excellent verbal and superior writing and report presentation skills.
- Experienced in presentation skills.
- Polished professional having significant experience (minimum 3 years) supporting a senior level, fast paced executive.
- High level of professionalism and demonstrated ability to handle confidential information.
- Demonstrated success where personal results and accountability are evident.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Strong sense of teamwork
- Can operate independently and remotely from a supervisor.
- Advanced PC skills in Microsoft Office, including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
$180,000 - $190,000 a year
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of duties that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
ABM offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k) plan with immediate vesting, short and long-term disability, PTO, paid holidays and more.
ABM values the rich diversity of its workforce. We strive to foster a work environment of respect and engagement that harnesses our workforce’s diversity to our common goal of providing prompt and superior client service.
ABM participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Este empleador participa en E-Verify y proporcionará al gobierno federal la información de su Formulario I-9 para confirmar que usted está autorizado para trabajar en los Estados Unidos.
ABM is an EOE (Minority / Female / Veteran / Disability / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation) and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance in completing the employment application, please call 888-328-8606. We will provide you with assistance and make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
•ABM does not sell or share your personal information.
•We collect basic personal details like your name and address, work history, and other employment related personal information. We also collect Sensitive Personal Information like race/ethnicity because we are required to do so by law.
•We collect this information in order to process your employment with us.
•We will keep your information for as long as is required by law.
Prior to the submission of your personal information, please review our Employee Privacy Notice. If you are from California, please review our California Employee Privacy Notice.