ABM, a leading provider of integrated facility solutions, is looking for a Lead Engineer.
The Lead Engineer is responsible for all activities related to the maintenance and repair of all mechanical systems within a property. The duties may include the maintenance and operations of HVACR equipment and controls. Other systems may include chilled water systems, boilers, refrigeration systems and other mechanical or electrical building systems. The Engineer must be flexible and willing to complete all tasks that are assigned.
The Company may require that the successful candidate hired for this position be fully-vaccinated for COVID-19, if and to the extent permitted by applicable law. The Company will make exceptions for medical, sincerely held religious belief, or other legally required exceptions.
The pay listed is the hourly range or the hourly rate for this position. A specific offer will vary based on applicant’s experience, skills, abilities, geographic location, and alignment with market data.
ABM offers a comprehensive benefits package. For information about ABM’s benefits, visit ABM 2023 Employee Benefits | Front Line Team Members (Programa de beneficios de).
401(k) – You become eligible to make personal contributions beginning the first of the month following 30 days of employment. You become eligible for the ABM match beginning the first of the month following six months of employment. ABM matches your pre-tax and/or Roth contributions, dollar for dollar, for the first 3%. For the next 2%, ABM contributes $0.50 for each dollar you contribute. Your contributions and match are immediately vested
- Provides supervision and is responsible for the implementation of all preventive maintenance and repair operations at the facility
- Schedules emergency repair activities according to priority and the abilities of assigned personnel.
- Provides technical advice, encouragement and instruction to subordinates in such areas as electric theory, mechanical systems, hydraulic systems, and safety procedures.
- Perform equipment inspections, noting equipment condition, ensuring that proper maintenance is being performed in accordance with AES standards.
- Responsible for the implementation of the quality assurance program for all work performed by the department.
- Directs or participates in various facility programs and committees relating to assigned responsibilities such as safety, disaster, fire, pollution control and civil defense.
- Formulates, recommends and implements site specific policies and procedures to improve the facility physical plant and operations.
- Recommends equipment purchases to replace obsolete equipment items and provides assistance in formulating long-range equipment replacement requirements and coordinates actions with contractors.
- Assists in the development and implementation of operating and extraordinary expense budgets as required.
- Plans and schedules services of department.
- Establishes standards and work methods; takes steps to assure quality and quantity of performance and evaluates results.
- Establishes plans for improving departmental work emphasizing efficiency and economy.
- Communicates policies and procedures, discusses job problems, and employee concerns with supervisors and employees.
- Encourages development of habits and attitudes for improved performance and good employee attitudes.
- Direct, train, evaluate, and counsel all engineering personnel.
- Ensures that general safety, fire prevention regulations are enforced, and safe working habits are promoted throughout the facility.
- Ensures that all shop equipment is properly maintained and conforms to safety standards.
- Promotes good housekeeping principles and supervises housekeeping details.
- Responsible for ensuring that the building systems are operated in the most efficient and effective manner especially as it relates to utility consumption and environmental responsibility.
- Implement a systematic program to promote energy awareness and conservation within the facility.
- Champion energy conservation programs to achieve maximum results from tenants and staff.
- Maintains an on-going self-improvement program to keep abreast of new equipment, standards, codes, and maintenance procedures.
- Experience that is commensurate with the specific facility for the position of Lead Engineer
- 3 to 4 years progressive operations experience in commercial properties preferred
- As required, highest-level relevant state/local license for Stationary Engineer and/or HVAC, plus universal level refrigerant recovery license and boiler license
- High-rise Fire Safety Director, Haz-Mat Certification, Indoor Air Quality Certification, LEED Certification.
- Certification meeting OSHA ACM awareness training requirements as required
- Computer skills and building automation systems experience required
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of energy conservation required, formal training preferred
- Strong employee relations, coaching and training skills
$30 - $32 an hour
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of duties that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
ABM offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k) plan with immediate vesting, short and long-term disability, PTO, paid holidays and more.
ABM values the rich diversity of its workforce. We strive to foster a work environment of respect and engagement that harnesses our workforce’s diversity to our common goal of providing prompt and superior client service.
ABM participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Este empleador participa en E-Verify y proporcionará al gobierno federal la información de su Formulario I-9 para confirmar que usted está autorizado para trabajar en los Estados Unidos.
ABM is an EOE (Minority / Female / Veteran / Disability / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation) and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance in completing the employment application, please call 888-328-8606. We will provide you with assistance and make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
•ABM does not sell or share your personal information.
•We collect basic personal details like your name and address, work history, and other employment related personal information. We also collect Sensitive Personal Information like race/ethnicity because we are required to do so by law.
•We collect this information in order to process your employment with us.
•We will keep your information for as long as is required by law.
Prior to the submission of your personal information, please review our Employee Privacy Notice. If you are from California, please review our California Employee Privacy Notice.