ABM, a leading provider of integrated facility solutions, is looking for a Facilities Supervisor.
The Facilities Supervisor is responsible for overseeing projects, supervising day-to-day team operations, and ensuring performance goals are met for a designated site. May perform administrative tasks.
The Company may require that the successful candidate hired for this position be fully-vaccinated for COVID-19, if and to the extent permitted by applicable law. The Company will make exceptions for medical, sincerely held religious belief, or other legally required exceptions.
Pay: $45.00 - $46.00 per Hour
The pay listed is the salary range for this position. An offer will vary based on the applicant's education, experience, skills, abilities, geographic location, and alignment with market data.
ABM offers a comprehensive benefits package. For information about ABM’s benefits, visit ABM 2022 Employee Benefits | Front Line Team Members.
- Use expert technical & troubleshooting knowledge to assist other service representatives in solving problems.
- Demonstrate capability and interest in training others.
- Can be relied on to train service technicians and trainees.
- Teach other technicians how to solve problems without solving the problem for them.
- Keep technical knowledge up to date regarding equipment and concepts.
- When presented with a problem, know what to do, and why, and whether to repair or replace.
- Search out and read applicable manuals and online sources.
- Belong to and take advantage of technical organizations to improve technical knowledge.
- Demonstrate capability of a handling heavy workload of calls
- Upon receiving a customer complaint, follow systematic questioning techniques and relate answers to the functioning of the system.
- Follow point-by-point troubleshooting guides to find faults in a short period of time.
- Avoid needless callbacks by checking complete system before leaving the job.
- Check safety and limit controls for proper setting before leaving the job.
- When faced with a seemingly unsolvable problem, seek out help and solve the problem before leaving.
- Use proper tools and instruments for troubleshooting.
- Inform customer when arriving at or leaving the job and when planning to return.
- Explore a customer complaint to determine the real problem.
- Respond to customer complaints with the proper amount of sympathy and empathy.
- When the problem is caused by the customer’s use of the system (rather than a fault of the system), tactfully instruct the customer on proper use of the system.
- Give assurance to customer that the problem is fixed; explaining cause and remedy; and if problem has not been fixed offer explanation of situation and suggest next step.
- Demonstrate ability to accurately determine job priorities by:
- Adhering to planned call schedule
- Scheduling report time concurrent with jobs
- Handling interruptions in stride
- Having the proper tools, materials, and scheduled tasking when arriving at the job site
- Scheduling maintenance of vehicle Plan project work to ensure service representatives and material are on the job at the right time
- Promptly and accurately complete all required paperwork.
- Obtain customer signature on all service reports (before work begins when performing spot).
- Keep manager informed of unfavorable news, changes made, or disenchantment with price increases by customers. Communicate information to all parties who would benefit from it.
- Modify instructions to create understanding in all levels of people regardless of their technical knowledge.
- Instruct customer’s personnel to the point that they can handle emergencies by themselves and know when to call for service.
- Recognize what has to be taught to customers and take required time to do so.
- Provide sales with qualified leads.
- Alert sales about competitive sales efforts. Provide Spot opportunities to meet Operational team goals.
- Determine who in the customer’s organization is responsible for the mechanical system being serviced.
- Persuade customer to replace obsolete systems and makes recommendations.
- Assist Sales in pricing agreements and projects.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must meet all requirements to receive approval for working in specific ATS environments (if applicable).
- Customer Service Experience
- One year of lead or supervisory experience
- Commercial HVAC experience
- Work or willing to commute to the West Los Angeles area
$45 - $46 an hour
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of duties that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
ABM offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k) plan with immediate vesting, short and long-term disability, PTO, paid holidays and more.
ABM values the rich diversity of its workforce. We strive to foster a work environment of respect and engagement that harnesses our workforce’s diversity to our common goal of providing prompt and superior client service.
ABM participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Este empleador participa en E-Verify y proporcionará al gobierno federal la información de su Formulario I-9 para confirmar que usted está autorizado para trabajar en los Estados Unidos.
ABM is an EOE (Minority / Female / Veteran / Disability / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation) and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance in completing the employment application, please call 888-328-8606. We will provide you with assistance and make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
•ABM does not sell or share your personal information.
•We collect basic personal details like your name and address, work history, and other employment related personal information. We also collect Sensitive Personal Information like race/ethnicity because we are required to do so by law.
•We collect this information in order to process your employment with us.
•We will keep your information for as long as is required by law.
Prior to the submission of your personal information, please review our Employee Privacy Notice. If you are from California, please review our California Employee Privacy Notice.