ABM, a leading provider of integrated facility solutions, is looking for an HVAC Technician.
The HVAC Technician is responsible for operating, maintaining and performing repairs on assigned HVAC and Refrigeration equipment and controls, chilled water systems, boilers, and various other mechanical, electrical and building systems in such manner as to ensure optimal client relations. The HVAC Technician may also perform other tasks as needed.
The Company may require that the successful candidate hired for this position be fully-vaccinated for COVID-19, if and to the extent permitted by applicable law. The Company will make exceptions for medical, sincerely held religious belief, or other legally required exceptions.
- Maintain, diagnose, and repair heating and cooling systems
- Troubleshoots minor maintenance problems involving basic electrical, structural, plumbing, and equipment repair or replacement
- Ask the right lifestyle questions to troubleshoot heating and cooling system malfunctions
- Explain replacement opportunities for aging, inefficient or underperforming systems
- Records pertinent data on all equipment in accordance with federal, state, and local codes and requirements.
- Coordinates parts, supplies, and equipment from local vendors and inventory.
- Performs procedures and tasks and other routine maintenance duties.
- Participate actively in all training and ongoing education.
- Class A Commercial Refrigeration/Process Cooling and Heating Certification a plus
- 3 to 5 years’ HVAC maintenance experience preferred
- EPA 608 Universal Refrigeration Certification (required)
- Knowledge of machinery, equipment, and tools necessary for the maintenance and repair of buildings
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions
- Ability to navigate through HVAC building management systems (ALC, Siemens etc.)
- Ability to troubleshoot and calibrate pneumatic controls
- Skilled in following safety practices and recognizing hazards
- Skilled in using standard powered and non-powered tools
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Must be able to function in MS Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Ability to prioritize and manage multi-functional tasks
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, and against strict time constraints
- Must have a valid driver license and satisfactory DMV record
- Must be willing to participate in training and education
- Must have a flexible and collaborative work style
- Must be able to effectively support other functional groups
- Building maintenance environment, indoor/outdoor, consisting of exposure to moving mechanical parts and seasonal temperature changes
- Vision requirements include both close range and long distance
- Must be able to climb ladders and crawl into confined spaces
- Occasional overtime may be required
- Local travel is expected
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of duties that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
ABM offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k) plan with immediate vesting, short and long-term disability, PTO, paid holidays and more.
ABM values the rich diversity of its workforce. We strive to foster a work environment of respect and engagement that harnesses our workforce’s diversity to our common goal of providing prompt and superior client service.
ABM participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Este empleador participa en E-Verify y proporcionará al gobierno federal la información de su Formulario I-9 para confirmar que usted está autorizado para trabajar en los Estados Unidos.
ABM is an EOE (Minority / Female / Veteran / Disability / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation) and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance in completing the employment application, please call 888-328-8606. We will provide you with assistance and make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
•ABM does not sell or share your personal information.
•We collect basic personal details like your name and address, work history, and other employment related personal information. We also collect Sensitive Personal Information like race/ethnicity because we are required to do so by law.
•We collect this information in order to process your employment with us.
•We will keep your information for as long as is required by law.
Prior to the submission of your personal information, please review our Employee Privacy Notice. If you are from California, please review our California Employee Privacy Notice.