Applied Materials is the leader in materials engineering solutions to produce virtually every new chip and advanced display in the world. Our expertise in modifying materials at atomic levels and on an industrial scale enables customers to transform possibilities into reality. Our innovations make possible™ the technology shaping the future. To achieve this, we employ some of the best, brightest, and most talented people in the world who work together as part of a winning team.
While virtually every nationality, culture, and background are currently represented within Applied Materials, we strive for a more robust Culture of Inclusion (COI) and diversity. Leveraging our COI vision helps drive innovation, build organizational capabilities, create equal opportunities for everyone, and achieve our company’s definition of Winning.
Applied Materials is actively recruiting for an HR Business Partner to support Varian Operations.The successful candidate will have responsibility for core HR services delivery in Gloucester, MA, to enable manager and team effectiveness, global consistency, and exceptional employee experience.
- The HRBP’s main responsibility is to strengthen business performance through culture, talent, engagement, and organizational strategies to include:
- Partner closely with employees and leaders to enable organizational success
- Be a trusted advisor and strategic HR partner to employees and people managers, focused on building morale, increasing productivity and enabling development and retention.
- Support consistent delivery of core HR programs/services: Talent Management (i.e. Objective Setting, Performance Evaluations, Promotions, Organizational Health, Talent Planning, Training), Global Rewards (i.e. focal), Culture of Inclusion, etc.
- Proactively partner and collaborate across the global HR organization, share information, and provide thought leadership and a solution-oriented direction to optimize the business value of the HR function
- Lead with data and analytics when executing major responsibilities, taking a proactive approach to using this data to further enhance business results
- Seek ways to proactively improve organizational processes and implement solutions to drive the right outcomes
- This position will be based in Gloucester, MA and report to a Director of HR located in Santa Clara, CA
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources related field preferred
- 5+ years of HR experience in a complex and matrixed enterprise
- Experience with leadership development
- Strong analytical expertise, very comfortable telling a story with data
- HR experience with Manufacturing employee base is a plus
- Experience with change management and business transformation a plus
- Ticker: Nasdaq: AMAT
- Fiscal 2022 Revenue: $25.79 billion
- R&D Investment: $2.8 billion
- Founded: November 10, 1967
- Headquarters: Silicon Valley in Santa Clara, CA
- Global Presence: 120 cities in 24 countries
- Employees: ~33,000 worldwide
Years of Experience:
7 - 10 Years
U.S. Salary Range:
$96,000.00 - $132,000.00
The salary offered to a selected candidate will be based on a number of factors including location and level and will vary depending on confirmed job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, candidates may be eligible for other forms of compensation such as participation in a bonus and a stock award program, as applicable.
Applied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.