For more than 50 years, Silgan Plastics has defined the plastic bottling industry from technical innovation to creative packaging solutions. No matter what your packaging needs, Silgan can and will handle them. From creation to commercialization, our customized approach to each customer's requirements is what sets us apart from the rest.
This is a leadership position directly accountable for the effective operation and performance of the manufacturing plant. The plant manager will ensure that the various functions of the operation interact cohesively to meet the overall goals of the corporation. The individual will also provide clear direction and leadership to the staff through goal setting and timely feedback. Must maintain a clear focus on the tactical & strategic plans of the facility and ensure that they are closely aligned with corporate goals and objectives. The Plant Manager interfaces with all cross-functional groups and acts as a liaison between the manufacturing plant and other disciplines. Has a fundamental responsibility to ensure product safety and quality as it applies to all the duties listed below.
- Provide leadership to the plant staff to ensure the various internal and external functions are operating efficiently and cohesively
- Ensure that the plant meets or exceeds key operating goals, i.e., safety, quality, & efficiency
- Meet or exceeds budget requirements
- Ensure plant is in compliance with all required regulatory agencies and with internal SOX requirements
- Maintain a close working relationship with key customers to ensure superior customer satisfaction
- Timely and effective communication with upper management on key issues
- Effectively manage relationships with cross functional support groups
- Proactive and regular review of all key operating indices including appropriate reactions to variations
- Provide Bi-Weekly business update for upper management review
- Prepare month end business report for upper management review
- Develop annual plant budget
AUTHORITY LEVEL (if applicable):
Required: High School Diploma
Preferred: Bachelor Degree (Technical or Business discipline)
Required: Minimum of 5 years plant management experience
Preferred: 5-10 years’ experience managing a diverse staff in a medium to large technical plastic process operation
Required: Excellent communication & interpersonal skills; Strong technical background. Proven leadership skills with experience supervising managers; budgeting preparation and management skills; strong writing, computer and presentation skills.
LIMITATIONS & DISCLAIMER:
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
Silgan will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities unless doing so would cause undue hardship.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the associate occupying this position. Associates will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
Silgan Plastics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, or the presence of a disability, which would not prevent the performance of essential job duties with, or without reasonable accommodation of any other protective status.
Silgan Plastics is a drug-free workplace.