As a member of the operations team, the Plant Manager will be responsible for leading the manufacturing operations in achieving production requirements, product quality, product cost, and employee safety goals aligned with the organization's metrics. Coordinates with all functional and service groups to meet customer requirements. Drives performance and deploys continuous improvement framework to achieve or exceed financial plans, employee engagement and strategic goals. Leverages resources and motivates personnel to create a high-performance culture.
The Role: Your work will include, but not be limited to:
- Ensure a safe work environment and identify training opportunities to reduce accidents and employee injuries. Ensure that daily production requirements and customer demands are met Refine key manufacturing processes for improved quality and lower cost Manage the production work force and evaluate production forecasts and determine when new/additional equipment, processes, or shifts will be required Lead/manage cross-functional team toward successful completion of business and budget objectives.
- Develop and execute a strategy to meet internal and external production demand expectations including schedule completion. Develops budgets and resource plans, and monitors performance, to achieve product delivery and cost requirements Champion continuous improvement efforts for the Specialty Products Group.
- Partner with support departments, including Finance, Maintenance, Materials, and Human Resources to achieve business results. Meet new product introduction objectives (quality, cost, timing). Develop, execute, and maintain capacity planning strategy.
- Expertise in a manufacturing-related environment with a good understanding of plant operations and thorough knowledge of lean manufacturing principles and the ability to apply them in order to establish robust manufacturing processes. Solid decision making and judgment skills Coordinates with Human Resources to deal with labor relations issues as they arise within production.
- Achieve labor productivity, reduction of overtime and lead cost reduction efforts to achieve cost initiatives Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in a manufacturing leadership role.
- Continuous improvement experience with a working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing, 5S, and Six Sigma principles
- High sense of urgency Analytical ability with excellent problem solving and execution skills Demonstrated ability to develop and motivate individuals to execute key initiatives.
- Proven change management skills.
- BS Degree preferred: Engineering, Manufacturing, Operations Management, Business Management, or a related field.