This position is responsible for supporting the Manufacturing areas from an engineering standpoint due to volume increase in JCB products.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities & Key Accountabilities
- Designing, purchasing, implementing and troubleshooting equipment, tools, jigs and fixtures throughout the manufacturing and assembly areas.
- Launch New Product Introductions- assess assembly feasible, implement new processes and tooling
- Support quality initiatives and implement continuous improvement actions
- Developing a precise means of management for optimal and cost effective operations.
- Developing process flow within the department and all areas your product supports.
- Root cause analysis
- Creation of process documentation and process control
Nature & Scope
Reports to Engineering Manager
- Must pass applicable drug screens, background checks and pre-employment tests Bachelor’s degree
- Five years of manufacturing experience in processes and planning
- Prior launch experience where capital improvements have been made
- PFMEA, risk assessments on equipment and safety
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- 5-7 years of manufacturing experience in a similar industry
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Competencies
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes
- Effective customer service and communication skills
- Able to use strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Ability to be proactive
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Sound analytical skills with a practical balance of “shop floor” experience
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Able to work effectively in a team environment through delegation
- Ability to be flexible in a fast-paced environment
- Must wear Personal Protective Equipment as required
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities
- Ability to operate independently
- Must be able to work flexible schedule, including but not limited to 12 hour shifts/7 days a week
- Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 10lbs, frequently and/or move up to 35lbs, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50lbs
- Must be able to perform continuous, repetitious physical activities. These activities may involve fine movements or large motions
- Must be able to grasp/pinch small items, reach out and up, and turn wrist
- Must be capable of keeping pace with current production speed
- Must be able to push/pull with reasonable force
- Must be able to perform the following requirements of bending, stooping, climbing, kneeling, and standing for extended periods of time
- Must be able to work in multiple climates including: hot/cold temperatures, and dusty environment
JCB is an equal employment opportunities (EEO) employer in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. JCB complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. EEO EMPLOYER/VET/DISABLED
JCB is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, JCB offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our website at https://www.jcb.com/en-gb/about/careers.