Who We Are:
Lippert is a leading, global manufacturer and supplier of highly engineered products and customized solutions, dedicated to shaping, growing and bettering the RV, marine, automotive, commercial vehicle and building products industries. We combine our strategic manufacturing capabilities with the power of our winning team culture to deliver unrivaled customer service, award-winning innovation and premium products to all of our customers.Why We are Different:
At Lippert, Everyone Matters. This is not just a tagline or empty promise; it is who we are. We have intentionally created a culture that values and celebrates our team members’ unique and varied backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences. We strive to give our team members a deeper sense of purpose at work, and we continue to build a better work environment by aligning our cultural and business strategies with the needs of our team members.What You will Get:
- A unique, inclusive and supportive company culture.
- Comprehensive benefit offerings including medical, dental, vision, 401k with employer match, vacation, and more!
- Fair and competitive compensation.
- Career development and mentoring and opportunities to grow.
- Holiday, personal and vacation days.
The Manufacturing Engineer will support the Shiner, TX Ranch Hand operations by resolving process, product, and machine issues during production hours, while also developing long-term solutions to prevent the recurrence of these issues. All improvements will have a measurable effect on the Overall Equipment Effectiveness and reliability of the production lines.Duties and Responsibilities:
- Become a resource for manufacturing by learning the manufacturing process for all operations at the Shiner, TX Ranch Hand facility.
- Use data paired with observation to note and prioritize potential improvements.
- Define improvement ideas and develop plans to implement those ideas.
- Review improvement plans with all stakeholders and solicit feedback to determine the best course of action.
- Responsible for designing or modifying the manufacturing methods or machines to implement your improvements.
- Oversee any fabrication related to improvement projects using in-house and/or external resources.
- Perform and/or oversee implementation of improvements on the production lines.
- Verify effectiveness of improvements.
- Troubleshoot CNC program issues by understanding the programs, making changes as needed, and contacting vendors when support is required.
- Work with design engineering on:
- Launching new model product
- Implementing Engineering Changes in mass production
- Primarily working indoors, office environment and manufacturing shop floor.
- May sit for several hours at a time.
- Prolonged exposure to computer screens.
- Repetitive use of hands to operate computers, printers, and copiers.
- Interaction/work on production floor machinery and jigs.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering required with a focus in industrial, manufacturing, mechanical, or similar discipline
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as an engineer in a manufacturing environment required
- Mechanical design
- Mechanical installation
- Data analysis
- Root Cause analysis/problem solving
- Communication proficiency
- Organizational skills
- Assertive self-starter
- Team player
- Decision making
- Hands-on mechanical aptitude with manufacturing equipment and measurement tools
- MS Office Skills (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
- CAD/SolidWorks modeling
This role does not have any supervisory responsibility upon hiring.Physical Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member will be required to talk and hear. This position may require standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing. The Team Member may have to lift and/or move items over 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time salary position, and hours/days of work are decided by production schedules and your reporting manager.Travel:
Travel will be minimal and would be primarily local during the business day.Preferred Education and Experience
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Prefer BS in Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering with 3+ years’ experience in welding or metal fabrication experience.
- Previous CNC laser programming experience (able to write/modify programs)
- Previous high-volume powder coat manufacturing experience
English language is preferred for communication with other team members and internal/external resources.Work Authorization/Security Clearance:
Must be able to pass E Verify.AAP/EEO Statement:
Lippert provides equal employment opportunity to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, citizen status, veteran status, military service, marital status or any other legally protected category as established by federal, state, or local law. This policy governs all employment decisions, including recruitment, hiring, job assignment, compensation, training, promotion, discipline, transfer, leave-of-absence, access to benefits, layoff, recall, termination and other personnel matters. All employment and personnel-related decisions are based solely upon legitimate, job-related factors, such as skill, ability, past performance, and length of service with Lippert.
Lippert’s strong commitment to equal employment opportunity requires a commitment by each individual team member. Compliance with the letter and spirit of this policy is required of all team members. Violations of this policy should be immediately reported to your leader or to any member of leadership. Team members who violate this policy will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.Other Duties:
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the Team Member for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.