Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer for a position in Grand Prairie, TX to join the Precision Fires Program Manufacturing Engineering team supporting the Precision Strike Missile (PrSM) program.
The Manufacturing Engineer will act as the Production Operations Point of Contact to various suppliers and Lockheed Martin make sites to proactively identify and work issues ahead of production impact. This position will require frequent communication and collaboration with other disciplines including Process Engineering, Design Engineering, Quality Engineering, Global Supply Chain, Finance, Production Planning and Control, Contracts, Master Planning, and Program Management. Being able to build effective relationships while working in a high-paced environment with others is essential.
Evaluating Notification of Change (NOC) documents to determine if a Production Line Validation (PLV) will be required. The Manufacturing Engineer will be expected to lead these PLV events at Lockheed Martin and supplier sites.Other Responsibilities/Activities
- Create and/or maintain Manufacturing Engineering Statement of Work and Make/Buy documents
- Perform Make or Buy analysis, which may include trade studies
- Proposal support
- Submit design Change Requests (CRs) and review engineering Change Notices (CNs)
- Support tooling efforts
- Aid in affordability and process improvement initiatives
- Support technical interchange meetings with suppliers and/or the customer
- Work with Production Operations, including
- May be called upon to create and/or present material to upper leadership and/or the customer