This position is contingent upon Lockheed Martin being awarded a potential contract expected the end of November 2023.
Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer for a position in Grand Prairie, TX to join the Advanced Programs Manufacturing Engineering team supporting the Long Range Maneuverable Fires (LRMF) program. LRMF is a development program implementing cutting edge aerospace and manufacturing technologies to meet some of our customers greatest challenges. Come join the team and be an integral part of the product development process where manufacturing engineering can have the greatest impact on design for manufacturing/ automation and producibility to shape the future of the program.
The Manufacturing Engineer will act as the Production Operations Point of Contact to various suppliers and Lockheed Martin make sites to proactively identify and work issues ahead of production impact. This position will require frequent communication and collaboration with other disciplines including Process Engineering, Design Engineering, Quality Engineering, Global Supply Chain, Finance, Production Planning and Control, Contracts, Master Planning, and Program Management. Being able to build effective relationships while working in a high-paced environment with others is essential.Other Responsibilities/Activities
- Create and/or maintain Manufacturing Engineering Statement of Work and Make/Buy documents
- Perform Make or Buy analysis, which may include trade studies
- Proposal support
- Submit design Change Requests (CRs) and review engineering Change Notices (CNs)
- Support tooling efforts
- Aid in affordability and process improvement initiatives
- Support technical interchange meetings with suppliers and/or the customer
- Work with Production Operations, including
- May be called upon to create and/or present material to upper leadership and/or the customer