Congo Brands is at the epicenter of where consumer demand meets product development. Through brand partnerships with lead influencers, we are afforded an inside look at what consumers truly desire. E-commerce becomes the laboratory for consumer feedback and serves as a data pool for future retail endeavors.
Congo Brands is a health and wellness brand that sells supplements, fitness snacks, hydration drinks, energy drinks, and many more through ecommerce and retail partnerships. Congo Brands houses some of the World’s most noted brands including Alani Nu, Prime Hydration, Prime Energy, and 3D Energy only to include more within in the coming years. Congo Brands is on pace to become one of the World’s most noted consumer product brand companies, with revenue growth increasing exponentially year over year. Congo Brand’s goal is to be the go-to ‘Better for You Brand’ for everything from nutritional supplements, energy drinks, snacks and much more.
The Senior Quality Specialist will support our expansion in the Beverage, Nutrition, and Personal Care products. In this role you will apply your experience to aid in collaborations with manufacturers, regulators, suppliers, testing laboratories and certification organizations.
- Be a key technical contributor in the development of new or existing products.
- Actively participate in meetings with internal development teams, third party contract manufacturers/formulation labs and flavor/fragrance houses.
- Provide additional support for certification programs.
- Provide support for warehouse cGMP compliance.
- Maintenance of quality and safety standards for all products and collaborate with cross functional resources (Operations, Product Development, etc.) to implement and maintain best practices.
- Ensure appropriate actions based on the risk assessment and overall risks are taken.
- Ensure full regulatory compliance, including 21 CFR Part 111 and Part 117.
- Edit and train fellow employees to quality documents, standard operating procedures, and quality forms.
- Implement, and maintain quality, safety, and efficacy standards for all products.
- Provide technical input to establish cGMP compliance.
- Support QA program for FDA audit readiness.
- Provide support for relevant quality customer inquiries/complaints. Ensure complaints are documented, tracked, and trended for all products.
- Execute vendor qualification criteria.
- Stay updated on relevant industry standards, regulations, and best practices to ensure ongoing compliance with quality requirements.
Key Skills and Experience Required:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Microbiology or related fields.
- Experience: Minimum 4 year of responsibility in food and/or supplement quality role.
- Knowledge of cGMP, regulatory affairs, business processes (stage gates), consumer complaints, GMP warehouse standards, and quality documentation.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Demonstrated strength in inspiring a team-oriented collaborative environment.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Has a demonstrated passion that align with the core values of Alani Nu.
- Experience with NetSuite a plus.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive Salary
- Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Disability, HSA / FSA / Dependent Care FSA
- 3 weeks PTO + 8 paid holidays
- 6 weeks paid parental leave
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Free product
- AND MUCH MORE!
Congo Brands, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, or any other classification protected by Federal, state, or local law.