Mission-Driven. Honor-Bound. Fairbanks Morse Defense. What’s your calling? For the men and women of Fairbanks Morse Defense it’s the rapid and effective support of the fleets that entrust us to design, develop, and deliver the best naval power technology on the planet. We’re one of the nation’s leading marine defense contractors because of the highly trained and dedicated teams that provide reliable power systems, parts, and aftermarket services to the U.S. Navy, Coast Guard, Military Sealift Command, and Canadian Coast Guard. When you join Fairbanks Morse Defense, you join a legacy of commitment that spans 150 years. Fairbanks Morse Defense offers competitive benefits with a wide range of training and development opportunities. Our world-class teams are dedicated to helping every individual achieve their full potential. Discover what it’s like to be a part of the Fairbanks Morse Defense team here: https://www.fairbanksmorsedefense.com/careers
Working closely with our Government and Commercial customers, this role will lead and manage the development and delivery of proposals across our original equipment offerings. This role will also support contract administration of original equipment projects through regular status updates. We are placing key emphasis on providing our customers with solutions that are focused on their requirements and exceed their expectations. This role is central to the success and growth of our business and is an integral part of the sales and support team. It requires that the individual develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of Maxim products, systems, and services. You must use this knowledge and coordinate with our Business Development, Engineering, Finance, Legal, Operations, and Purchasing teams to create solutions and develop compelling & compliant proposals across our strategic accounts. You will work within a multi-discipline, multi-function team, with a high level of customer contact. You will also work closely with the other bid and proposal teams across the Fairbanks Morse Defense organization for support, commonality, and best practices.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the cross functional team to create compelling and accurate technical, and financial sales proposals for equipment and/or services. This will include leading and managing certain pieces of the proposal and working with finance, purchasing, and suppliers to capture cost information.
- Develop a clear understanding of Maxim’s products and capabilities.
- As customer liaison, interface with a cross functional team to address customer requests while creating and maintaining positive working relationships with internal & external customers.
- Monitor customer satisfaction.
- Create and maintain accurate documentation of proposals, cost estimates and approvals.
- Enter Original Equipment (OE) sales orders into Infor Visual (Enterprise Resource Planning system) and ensure accuracy of system data.
- For custom engineered OE projects, co-lead contract reviews, track contractual deadlines, communicate contract requirements within the cross functional team, support development of the project schedule and support project billing based on contract milestones.
- For custom engineered OE projects, support contract administration through participation in weekly project status meetings and tracking project due dates, project status and other critical information as determined on a project-by-project basis.
- Ensure compliance with departmental instructions, procedures and/or Standard Practices as necessary to implement the requirements of customer required processes or other specialized Quality Assurance processes.
- Work with all businesses that are part of Fairbanks Morse Defense (FMD).
Qualifications and Educational Requirements
- Minimum of 4 years of Sales and Program Management related experience that involved preparing, or supporting, technical and financial proposals for equipment or services. Experience with equipment or services for military applications preferred.
- 2-year technical degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Must have a positive personality that supports working well with co-workers, partners, suppliers, and customers.
- This position requires interaction with both internal and external customers, so the ability to communicate effectively across all levels of management, peers, customers, and suppliers is necessary
- Strong ability to read customer specifications and detailed drawings.
- Excellent interpersonal skills: able to work with, and influence all disciplines within the company to build consensus and then execute to plan
- Excellent problem-solving, task prioritization, follow-up, and customer service skills required
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite products (WORD, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Must be self-motivated individual
- Must be willing to work long hours when required to complete proposals to meet submittal deadlines
- This position requires access or potential access to Unclassified Naval Nuclear Propulsion Information, which is Not Releasable to Foreign Nationals (NOFORN) data. Therefore, to meet NOFORN requirement, you will have to provide proof of US Citizenship and attest that you do not have dual citizenship. Acceptable proof of US Citizenship is a US Passport, US Birth Certificate or Naturalization Certificate.
This specification is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required of positions that will be given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision. Ability to competently perform all the essential duties of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation, demonstrated commitment to effective customer service delivery, and the ability to work productively as a member of a team or work group are basic requirements of all positions at Fairbanks Morse Defense.
Fairbanks Morse Defense offers a competitive benefits package including but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurances, and 401k retirement plan with employer match. In addition, we offer paid time off, paid holidays, paid parental leave, and tuition reimbursement.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled