Job Description: General Manager - Plastics Industry
World class benefits
We are seeking a highly experienced General Manager with a strong background in the plastics industry to lead and oversee our operations. The ideal candidate will possess exceptional leadership skills, a deep understanding of the plastics manufacturing sector, and a proven track record of driving business growth and operational excellence.
1. Strategic servant Leadership:
- Develop and implement a comprehensive strategic plan to drive the company's growth, profitability, and market presence in the plastics industry.
- Lead the development of long-term goals, objectives, and initiatives that align with the company's vision and mission.
2. Operations Management:
- Provide effective leadership to various departments, including production, quality control, engineering, supply chain, and sales.
- Oversee day-to-day operations to ensure efficient production, quality compliance, and timely delivery of products.
- Implement best practices for lean manufacturing, operational efficiency, and continuous improvement.
3. Business Development:
- Identify and pursue new business opportunities, partnerships, and markets to expand the company's footprint within the plastics industry.
- Foster strong relationships with key clients, suppliers, and industry stakeholders to enhance collaboration and growth.
4. Financial Management:
- Develop and manage budgets, financial forecasts, and performance metrics to achieve revenue and profitability targets.
- Analyze financial data to make informed strategic decisions and optimize resource allocation.
5. Team Leadership and Development:
- Lead, mentor, and inspire a diverse team of professionals, fostering a collaborative and innovative work culture.
- Identify talent gaps and implement talent development initiatives to build a skilled and motivated workforce.
6. Regulatory Compliance and Quality Assurance:
- Ensure compliance with industry regulations, standards, and safety protocols to maintain high-quality production and operational integrity.
- Implement quality control measures to deliver products that meet or exceed customer expectations.
7. Stakeholder Communication:
- Serve as the primary point of contact for board members, executives, investors, and other stakeholders, providing regular updates on company performance and strategic initiatives.
8. Market Analysis and Innovation:
- Stay updated on industry trends, emerging technologies, and competitive landscape to drive innovation and maintain a competitive edge.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Engineering, or a related field; MBA or advanced degree is a plus.
- 8yrs of experience of successful leadership and management in the plastics manufacturing industry
- Comprehensive understanding of plastics manufacturing processes, materials, and market dynamics.
- Strong business acumen with demonstrated ability to drive revenue growth, profitability, and operational efficiency.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Proficiency in financial management, budgeting, and analysis.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to envision and execute long-term business strategies.
- Problem-solving skills and a proactive approach to overcoming challenges.
- Leadership experience in a cross-functional and multicultural environment.
- Strong ethical values and commitment to safety and compliance.
- Willingness to travel as required.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $100,000.00 - $138,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus opportunities
- Signing bonus
- plastic manufacturing: 8 years (Preferred)
- Manufacturing management: 8 years (Preferred)
- Six Sigma Green Belt (Preferred)
Work Location: In person