JELD-WEN is currently seeking a Sr. Manufacturing Engineer to join our growing team. The Opportunity
As a Manufacturing Engineer
at JELD-WEN, you will be a key member of the Engineering team. In this role, you will develop and improve manufacturing processes by studying product and manufacturing methods. You will also evaluate manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators. You will report directly to the Plant Manager.
The position will be based in the Rantoul, IL facility.What You Will Do
Who You Are
- Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Provides manufacturing engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
- Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; requesting special service.
- Maintains product and process data base by writing computer programs; entering data.
- Completes design and development projects by training and guiding technicians.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
How You Stand Out
- BS in Mechanical/Manufacturing/Industrial Engineering or related technical degree.
- In-depth knowledge and applied experience of Six Sigma and Lean concepts
- Experience with project pipelines and project management
- Experience with ERP systems
- Familiarity with Gemba process and KPI management
- Formal knowledge of/experience with problem solving tools/exercises
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, time management tools
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment and processes
- Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices and procedures within the industrial manufacturing area
About JELD-WEN Holding, Inc.
- Experience in following areas:
- Small parts/module assembly
- Wood, Vinyl doors and windows assembly
- Welding, soldering, fastening, adhesive
- Automatic material movement
- Labelling and Packaging
- Electrical Control
- Project management knowledge
- Experience in leading projects
- 3+ year experience in mass production
- Strong communication skills in English (verbal and written)
- Team worker
- Strong negotiation skills
- Hands-on approach
- Strong time-management skills
JELD-WEN is a leading global designer, manufacturer and distributor of high-performance interior and exterior doors, windows, and related building products serving the new construction and repair and remodeling sectors. Headquartered in Charlotte, N.C., the company operates facilities in 16 countries in North America and Europe and employs approximately 18,000 people. Since 1960, the JELD-WEN team has been committed to making quality products that create safe and sustainable environments for customers, associates and local communities. The JELD-WEN family of brands includes JELD-WEN® worldwide; LaCantina™ and VPI™ in North America; and Swedoor® and DANA® in Europe. For more information, visit jeld-wen.com.
In 2022, Newsweek named JELD-WEN as one of America’s Most Trustworthy Companies.What We Offer
Investing in People is one of our Core Values, we strive to attract & retain great people! As such, JELD-WEN offers competitive compensation & benefits packages. As a global organization, specific benefits may vary, however typically including medical & dental, generous leave policies, retirement program, etc.
JELD-WEN is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not tolerate discrimination, harassment, and/or retaliation based on individuals’ physical traits, beliefs, and/or other characteristics that are protected under applicable laws.
JELD-WEN does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services.