At WHOOP, we're on a mission to unlock human performance. WHOOP empowers users to perform at a higher level through a deeper understanding of their bodies and daily lives.
As a Mechanical Engineer II (Continuous Improvement) at WHOOP, you will play a key role in maintaining high production yields and stable manufacturing of our current generation product. You will contribute to the development of new accessory products for the flagship product and work collaboratively with manufacturing and supply chain teams to launch them. You will work closely with our suppliers and our contract manufacturer to improve part quality, maintain documentation, perform failure analysis and improve part designs accordingly. You will work closely with members from Operations, Manufacturing, Supply Chain and Quality to ensure a successful production ramp-up.Responsibilities
- Managing suppliers, maintaining documentation and bills of materials
- Creating 2D drawings and SolidWorks CAD models
- Communicating engineering changes to vendors and contract manufacturer
- Generating testing protocols and validation plans, managing testing processes
- Designing fixtures, improving manufacturability and production cycle times
- Performing thorough engineering analyses to identify and resolve issues affecting production
- Complete technical ownership of the current generation product
- Willingness to travel up to 25% of the time
This role is based in the WHOOP office located in Boston, MA. The successful candidate must be prepared to relocate if necessary to work out of the Boston, MA office.
- BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering or a related field
- 2 - 5 years of experience in the design, documentation and validation of complex mechanical parts for medium to high volume consumer electronics
- Proficiency in SolidWorks with best practices for part design, advanced assemblies, complex configuration management
- Experience guiding suppliers, product lifecycle management, engineering change orders (ECOs)
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work well within teams in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to effectively communicate concepts and proposals
- Familiarity with mechanical design concepts and the manufacture of products utilizing high volume, automated manufacturing processes as well as manual assembly
Interested in the role, but don’t meet every qualification? We encourage you to still apply! At WHOOP, we believe there is much more to a candidate than what is written on paper, and we value character as much as experience. As we continue to build a diverse and inclusive environment, we encourage anyone who is interested in this role to apply.
WHOOP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-verify to determine employment eligibility.