- The main function of a mechanical engineer is to research and investigate the design, functionality and maintenance of mechanical products, equipment, systems and processes.
- A typical mechanical engineer has the ability to make engineering drawings, and read and interpret blueprints.
- Research, design, develop, manufacture, and test tools, engines, machines and other mechanical devices.
- Research and analyze customer design proposals, specifications, manuals to determine time and cost feasibility to complete projects.
- Investigate equipment failures and difficulties to diagnose faulty operation and make recommendation to maintenance crew.
- Oversee installation, operation, maintenance and repair to ensure that machines and equipment are installed and functioning according to specifications.
- Implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, and provide technical information.
- Creativity, verbal and written communication skills, analytical and problem solving ability.
- Team player and detail oriented.
- Displays attributes of a critical thinker and leverages innovative ideas.
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback.
- Advanced ability to make sketches, engineering drawings and common computations.
- Advanced ability to read and interpret blueprints, technical drawing, schematics and computer generated reports.
- Previous experience with computer applications and software related to engineering field, such as Computer Aided Design (CAD).
- Bachelor's degree in engineering required.
Comments for Suppliers:
- Fully onsite role in Redmond, WA
Pay Range: $85+ hourly
The specific compensation for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role as well as the cost of labor in the market; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. Our full-time consultants have access to benefits including medical, dental, vision as well as 401K contributions as well as any other PTO, sick leave, and other benefits mandated by appliable state or localities where you reside or work.