Congo Brands is at the epicenter of where consumer demand meets product development. Through brand partnerships with lead influencers, we are afforded an inside look at what consumers truly desire. E-commerce becomes the laboratory for consumer feedback and serves as a data pool for future retail endeavours.
The Field Sales Manager (FSM) will be focused on gaining new distribution, building volume in existing accounts, and executing at the chain level within an assigned territory. The ideal candidate is a goal-oriented, revenue-focused individual who can quickly establish relationships for a growth-oriented sales strategy.
In addition to observing the standards of conduct required of all company employees, the responsibilities of the FSM include but are not limited to:
- Identifying, targeting, and sampling existing and potential accounts, both individually and in partnership with distributors, to maximize shelf space allocated and product offerings carried within an assigned territory.
- Attending distributor meetings on a regular basis and scheduling time with the distributor’s sales team in the trade
- Ensuring that distributors’ merchandising personnel adequately service accounts based on sales achieved and shelf/floor space obtained by FSM
- Providing reports on day-to-day sales activities and results as required and providing necessary back-up to support sales and bonus programs objectives.
- Performing other duties as assigned
Key Skills and Experience Required
- Sales experience and/or willingness to engage in sales training.
- Basic computer operating skills in and outside of an office environment to include handheld devices.
- Solid organizational and time management abilities, along with the ability to act independently.
- Be at least 21 years of age, have and maintain an acceptable driving record.
- Ability to perform physical activities required by the job duties including occasionally lifting and moving up to 65 pounds individually and greater weights with assistance; ability to bend, stretch, stoop, climb, and perform other physical acts associated with selling, demonstrating, and marketing product in an assigned territory.
- Ability to successfully meet standards of physical examinations and substance abuse testing, if required
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Local travel within assigned territory daily
- This position requires a clean driving record and authorization to obtain your Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) upon receiving and accepting a job offer
Compensation and Benefits Details
- PTO and paid holidays
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) with employer match
- Employee rewards program