Mission-Driven. Honor-Bound. Fairbanks Morse Defense. What’s your calling? For the men and women of Fairbanks Morse Defense it’s the rapid and effective support of the fleets that entrust us to design, develop, and deliver the best naval power technology on the planet. We’re one of the nation’s leading marine defense contractors because of the highly trained and dedicated teams that provide reliable power systems, parts, and aftermarket services to the U.S. Navy, Coast Guard, Military Sealift Command, and Canadian Coast Guard. When you join Fairbanks Morse Defense, you join a legacy of commitment that spans 150 years. Fairbanks Morse Defense offers competitive benefits with a wide range of training and development opportunities. Our world-class teams are dedicated to helping every individual achieve their full potential. Discover what it’s like to be a part of the Fairbanks Morse Defense team here: https://www.fairbanksmorsedefense.com/careers
Fairbanks Morse Defense is seeking a highly motivated Compliance Intern to join our team. As an Intern, you will be taking on impactful work while engaging in a dynamic learning experience and working side by side with our team.
- Reports to: Ken Dawe
- Onsite Manager: Colin Forester-Hoare
- Division: Corporate
- Anticipated Start Date: Monday, June 10
- Anticipated End Date: Thursday, August 29
- Work Schedule: Monday – Friday; 8:00 to 5:00 PM CT
- Function/Group: Legal/Compliance
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and O365 Drive Suites – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Must have access to reliable transportation
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
- Must be willing to comply with pre-employment screening, including but not limited to, drug testing, reference verification and background check. Will be required to submit to a post offer drug test and criminal background check.
- Pursuing college degree
- Keen attention to detail
- Good organization skills
- Desired trait - Interest in federal government procurement/contracting
You may expect the following from us:
- The opportunity to receive hands-on, entry level, professional work experience through projects such as:
- Gathering and organizing FMD contracts/mods/POs into a SharePoint site that will be accessible on a read only basis to business units.
- Enter selected data elements from contracts/mods/POs into the Contract Management System to facilitate FAR/DFARS/CAS compliance.
- Help develop standard reports.
- Additional learning experiences outside of daily work including trainings and workplace growth activities
- Program support with regular progress updates, team building activities and professional guidance
- Sufficient opportunity to build your professional portfolio
- Competitive hourly wage
Our basic expectations are:
- Dedicated to creating a safe workplace free of all injuries
- Completing work as assigned and meeting all deadlines
- Routinely communicating with department staff and informing them of any difficulties in completing work
- Presentation to senior level staff at the conclusion of the internship
- Working hours as agreed and giving advance notice of any necessary schedule changes
- Dress is casual but appropriate for an office environment
- Attending meetings as necessary
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced, team environment
Fairbanks Morse Defense offers a competitive benefits package including but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurances, and 401k retirement plan with employer match. In addition, we offer paid time off, paid holidays, paid parental leave, and tuition reimbursement.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled