Alltrista Plastics LLC, is a subsidiary of Jadex Inc., and is a leading manufacturer in high-volume, precision injection molded parts.The company designs and manufactures with proprietary engineering processes and extensive manufacturing capabilities, from five (5) locations worldwide. From the first spark of an idea, through the design of the mold to the actual manufactured product, Alltrista Plastics focuses all efforts on delivering innovative plastic solutions.The company’s core markets include Consumer Products, Medical/Healthcare, Personal Care, Health & Beauty, Caps & Closures, and Packaging.
Alltrista is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands. Driven by a sharp focus on the consumer, leading investment in innovation and brands, and a performance-driven culture. Jadex Brands help consumers achieve more where they live, learn, work, and play.
Position Title: Accounting Specialist
Location: Springfield, MO
Reports to: Plant Controller
Last Updated: June 2023
As the Accounting Specialist under the direction of the Plant Controller, you will be responsible for a variety of accounting functions related to the operations of the Alltrista Springfield manufacturing facility. Provide day to day assistance and support in aspects of accounting and some general plant administrative activities.
- Responsible for accurately updating product cost information relating to the manufacturing facility in Springfield, Missouri.
- Responsible for working closely with all areas of manufacturing regarding issues that may arise, requiring corrections as noted in the finance department and or direction of the Plant Controller.
- Responsible for the processing, coordinating, and reporting accurate physical inventory counts of raw materials.
- Responsible for collaborating with various vendors which may include implementing price changes, resolving pricing issues and discrepancies.
- Responsible for closing our and competing manufacturing jobs and manufacturing/accounting periods on the last calendar day of each month which include, but not limited to:
- Updating and maintaining various worksheets
- Reconciling accounts and handling reimbursements
- Completing monthly and year-end closing records and reports
- Managing petty cash
- Supporting other financial positions within the facility
- Additional duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
Associate degree in business or a related field of study required and previous accounting experience.
- Experience with ERP Systems and Accounting software is a plus.
- Strong proficiency with computer skills and Microsoft Office Suites (i.e., Word, and Excel).
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills.
- Proven history of excellent communication skills verbally and in writing
- Strong attention to detail and well organized.
- Ability to build strong credibility and rapport with all stakeholders, while working with all levels of the organization.
- Must be flexible to changing workloads and responsibilities.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Desire to have 1-2 years’ experience.
- Sitting approximately 75 percent of work time.
- Standing and/or walking approximately 15 percent of work time.
- Bending at the waist, sitting, kneeling, walking, etc., as job may require.
- Able to wear required PPE, including hearing protection, and eye protection.
- Ability to work overtime or occasionally on weekends with short notice.
- Typical office and manufacturing environment.
The above statement describes the general nature and level of responsibilities for this position and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and sills requires of this position, Company management may assign other relevant, business-related duties.
Jadex Inc and its Businesses do not discriminate in employment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.