Alltrista Plastics LLC, is a subsidiary of Jadex Inc., and is a leading manufacturer in high-volume, precision injection molded parts.The company designs and manufactures with proprietary engineering processes and extensive manufacturing capabilities, from five (5) locations worldwide. From the first spark of an idea, through the design of the mold to the actual manufactured product, Alltrista Plastics focuses all efforts on delivering innovative plastic solutions.The company’s core markets include Consumer Products, Medical/Healthcare, Personal Care, Health & Beauty, Caps & Closures, and Packaging.
Quality Engineer (Manufacturing) - Greer, SC
Responsible for GMP, ISO, and FDA compliance as applicable during project management and ongoing manufacturing. Assures customer specifications and inspection methods are understood and in compliance throughout product life cycle. Participates in and/or conducts audits of the quality system.
- Interfaces with customers along with Quality Manager to understand and communicate product requirements and inspection requirements for new and customer supplied mold projects.
- Develops and executes procedures for product and equipment Process Validations Installation Qualification (IQ), Operational Qualification (OQ), Performance Qualification (PQ) of new and/or legacy or customer supplied molds.
- Coordinates, develops, and writes product and custom equipment inspection and calibration plans for new and customer supplied molds.
- Supports execution of strong quality systems, internal auditing, supplier approval, tooling PM, facility PM program, calibration, training, and CAPA program.
- Evaluates product from DOE activities to prepare and support parametric release.
- Performs and documents Protocol required inspections for injection molds or assembly processes.
- Uses SPC software to collect and evaluate process data for continual improvement.
- Conducts routine audits/evaluations/analysis of manufacturing, engineering, tooling and warehousing activities to assess compliance with FDA or other customer specific regulatory compliance.
- Continually updates knowledge of current state-of-the-art inspection/testing instrumentation and techniques and integrates into existing methods and programs.
- Associates or Bachelor Degree preferred; Scientific or Technical/Engineering course of study desired
- Three to five years-experience in-process/final/raw materials inspection experience in a high-volume production environment.
- Three to five years-experience in SPC, sampling, auditing, reading blueprints/dimensioning & tolerancing.
- Practical and direct experience utilizing continuous improvement and quality tools to include control charts, capability studies, DOE, regression analysis, histograms, and fishbone charts.
- Practical and direct experience with computer hardware and software including LAN/CIM, and statistical (e.g., Minitab, Statgraphics, etc.), graphical spreadsheets (e.g., MS Excel), and word processing (e.g., MS Word) software.
- Background in root cause analysis, corrective action, preventive action, and continuous improvement.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 based Quality Management Systems (QMS).
- Knowledge of ISO 13485 Medical Devices.
- HACCP or SQF Experience preferred, but not required
The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions. Please refer to the Physical Job Description, which is contained as a separate document, for more detail.
Environment: Normal manufacturing environments; work with machinery and media -; exposure to chemicals, grease, and oils.
Physical: Sufficient physical ability to perform heavy lifting and carrying; reaching, kneeling, crawling, climbing; standing for moderate periods of time.
Vision: See in the normal visual range with or without correction; vision sufficient to read computer screens and printed documents.
Hearing: Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
Other: Ability to work overtime or occasionally on weekends with short notice.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of responsibilities for this position, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of this position. Company management may assign other relevant, business-related duties.
Jadex Inc and its Businesses do not discriminate in employment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.