At POET, it is our mission to be good stewards of the Earth by converting renewable resources to energy and other valuable goods as effectively as humanly possible. For over thirty years our drive and passion to change the world has enabled us to become the largest producer and marketer of bioethanol and leader in bio-based products in the world. Beyond our world-class culture, POET team members enjoy competitive pay and benefits including;
- Attractive Relocation Assistance and Bonus Programs for qualifying positions and/or locations
- Competitive pay, including shift premium pay for qualifying positions
- Quarterly Profit-Sharing Bonuses, and Bi-Annual Incentive Bonuses
- Individual and family plans for health, dental, & vision insurance, including a generous employer Health Savings Account contribution
- Paid Parental Leave
- A multifaceted wellness program encompassing the whole person - mentally, physically, and spiritually
- Onsite fitness centers or fitness reimbursements
- 401K with company match
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Excellent work-life balance with a 'family-first' culture
- Safety and cold weather gear reimbursements
- Discounted home and auto insurance
POET Plant Management provides operational oversight to the bioprocessing facilities and constantly strives for operational excellence by optimizing and making each of our facilities as efficient as possible. Plant Managers are key leaders within POET Plant Management and are located at the bioprocessing facility. The Plant Manager works closely with the bioprocessing leadership team onsite while also partnering with remote resources to maximize operational efficiency. The Plant Manager is accountable for all plant operations and production goals at their location and will troubleshoot and identify process needs to maintain production levels.
DURING A TYPICAL DAY (IF THERE IS ONE)…
- Nothing else matters without a safe environment! You will foster a culture where safety is non-negotiable.
- You’ll lead a team of professionals including the Plant Engineer, Operations team, Environmental, Health, and Safety functions, and depending on the specific facility’s structure, Maintenance.
- You’ll build strong teams by recruiting, selecting, onboarding and developing team members.
- Engage team in developmental experiences focused on personal development and organizational alignment
- With your guidance, team members will ensure regulatory compliance at all levels (BATF, OSHA, USDA, FDA, EPA, and state organizations).
- You and your team will be accountable for all plant operations and production goals.
- You’ll collaborate with plant leadership and other Plant Managers in the POET network to optimize plant operations and identify opportunities for continuous in-plant efficiency, throughput and yield.
- Identify, justify, and execute capital improvements.
- Aid in developing and presenting the plant’s annual strategic plan.
- Assist with budget preparation and cost control for the plant.
- Partner with the Plant Engineer to communicate important metrics to key stakeholders.
- Coordinate with the Maintenance Manager to provide input on the preventative maintenance plan.
- Lead interdepartmental teams through the Root Cause Analysis process and drive action items.
- Maintain team alignment and clarity of organizational and business goals and understand how it impacts the facility’s operational direction.
- Since POET focuses on teamwork and getting the job done, your skills will be put to a lot of additional uses!
STRENGTHS OF A SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
- You have a bachelor’s degree, preferably in the Engineering field. Consideration may be given to extensive experience in an operating processing plant environment.
- You have experience in an operating processing plant environment.
- You have leadership experience in team building, career development, delegation, coaching, and performance management.
- You are a champion of safety and environmental stewardship.
- You develop team members by encouraging individual initiative to achieve personal and organizational goals.
- You understand the value of communication.
- You have the technical aptitude to learn and understand the biofuels production processes.
- You strive for continuous improvement - Never Satisfied.
- You have the ability to compile, analyze and interpret data.
- You have experience with DCS control and PI Historian Database systems and know the basics of Microsoft Office Suite and capable of learning new programs.
- You have excellent organizational, time management, and communication skills as well as the ability to adapt to change.
- You are able to rally the team around POET’s mission and operational goals.
At POET we believe in developing our team members to their highest potential and recognizing contributions that add value to the organization. Each new team member’s position and compensation are carefully determined by considering their unique qualifications and skillset.
- Culture is king at POET. We’re all on the same team. We always communicate. And we park our egos at the door. These aren’t just slogans on our walls. It’s the way we do things at POET.
- We are all about community and family. You will be engaging and supporting a variety of team and community events.
- In this role, you’ll be asked to drive a POET vehicle. A motor vehicle record check will be conducted during the preemployment process and yearly thereafter.
- POET bioprocessing facilities operate on a 24-hour continuous schedule; team member must be available as needed. Some travel may be required; driving and/or flying.
- The work environment at our bioprocessing facilities is dynamic. You should expect a balance between office work and time spent in the bioprocessing facility, which may include physical labor helping your team members. You may be exposed to high noise levels, moving mechanical parts, dusty conditions, internal and external temperature/weather conditions, and chemicals.