Are you inspired by challenging the status quo? Do you thrive in collaborative environments that drive results? If so, Gates could be for you.
Gates is a leading manufacturer of application-specific fluid power and power transmission solutions. We push the boundaries of material science to engineer solutions that continually exceed customer expectations.
Let"s simplify it� think belts and hoses. Found in motorcycles, conveyer belts, cars, tractors, blenders, vacuum cleaners, bicycles, & 3D printers just to name a few. Because why not do it all?What To Expect
As an innovation leader, we look for ambitious, forward thinking, open-minded and well-rounded individuals to join our global team. We are looking for a Plant Manager in our Poplar Bluff, MO plant.
Key Responsibilities (to Name a Few)
- Has overall accountability for achieving safety and quality goals
- Takes lead in achieving the company's production, profitability, and cost reduction programs, while exceeding customer expectations at the site
- Ensures Gates remains a leader in the industry in terms of having technologically advanced products and providing excellent quality products and customer service
- Responsible for all aspects of planning, organizing, and directing all operational activities of the site.
- Develop and maintain a safe work environment as well as ensuring compliance to all legal requirements and regulations
- Develop and maintain manufacturing business plans to include all program requirements, labor hours, cycle and production costs; review and approve business plans for facility
- Analyze production and operating reports and direct departmental managers to resolve operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays and drive continuous improvement
- Review production costs and product quality, and modify production and inventory control programs to maintain and enhance profitable operations and meet customer requirements
- Coordinate and oversee manufacturing activities with all other functions of the organization and suppliers to obtain optimum production and utilization of human resources, machines, and equipment
- Hire, train, and develop a workforce that can be successful
- 5 + years of progressive manufacturing leadership experience
- Bachelor"s or Master"s degree in engineering or operational sciences is preferred
- Hands-on practical experience in Continuous Improvement and Lean Manufacturing environments
- Technical knowledge and understanding of Lean Manufacturing, Continuous Improvement, and World Class Quality Methodologies and Best in Class Health and Safety Standards
- Proven leader with ability to motivate a large diverse group of people and build a team that functions well together.
- Track record and demonstrated ability to think strategically then translate strategic vision into tactical actionable plans that result in delivered business results
- Serves as a change agent to drive a culture of continuous improvement
- Demonstrated ability to manage ambiguity effectively
- Must be analytical and a good problem solver under high pressure situations
- Demonstrates excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Possesses a leadership maturity that sets that expectation of communicating a clear, concise, open and transparent manner inside and outside of the facility
- Manages conflict timely and effectively, while ensuring professionalism at all times
- Demonstrated ability to drive performance accountability within all levels at the site, ensuring effective feedback is provided to employees to drive professional growth
- Has a demonstrated passion for work place safety and is capable of setting and managing safety expectations and standards
- Strong financial discipline, business acumen and organizational abilities
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
Founded in 1911 in Denver, Colorado, Gates is publicly traded on the NYSE. While we might operate in a vast amount of time zones we operate as 'One Gates' and have a common goal of pushing the boundaries of materials science. We invest in our people, bringing real-world experience that enables us to solve our customers" diverse challenges of today and anticipate those of tomorrow.
While we expect the best we also want to give you the best. That"s why at Gates we provide an environment where people can succeed from our policy of 'Dress for your Day' (yes - that means you can wear jeans), health club reimbursement, to our ownership of your work/life balance and more. Visit www.gates.com/careers to learn more.WORK ENVIRONMENT
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Gates is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of race, sex, color, religion, age, disability, pregnancy, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, or any other consideration defined by law.ARE YOU DRIVEN BY POSSIBLITY?