Direct and manage all plant operations including maintenance, quality, shipping and receiving, to meet all of the quality, food safety, and customer requirements in the most safe, cost-effective, and timely manner by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.Essential Duties And Responsibilities Include The Following.
- Coordinate plant activities through the planning with departmental managers to ensure the total manufacturing objectives are accomplished in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Develop and control profits, plans, budget and allocation of resources for production, training, improvement programs, employee safety programs, food safety, and quality programs.
- Implement cost effective systems of control over capital, operating expenditures, manpower, wages and salaries. Control and minimize labor overtime, premium freight and repair expenses.
- Maintain existing plant facilities and equipment; replace or make adjustments to plant facilities and equipment when necessary.
- Coordinate logistics and supply chain activities in relation to product streams and split between production at different sites.
- Establish and monitor overall plant performance for production and quality standards and ensure objectives are established, documented, monitored, and reviewed. Ensure non-conformities identified to quality programs are addressed and corrected.
- Implement, support, and maintain quality management systems, continuous improvement programs, food safety, employee safety, preventative maintenance programs.
- Incorporate and support GMP’s and plant cleanliness among plant personnel.
- Provide direction, development and leadership to production supervisor.
- Communicates Safety, Quality, and Food Safety policies to all employees.
- Ensures such policies are applied by all employees.
- Ensure compliance with all safety and OSHA requirements and any government regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Reports To: Vice President of Operations
Manages subordinate managers & supervisors who supervise employees in the Production, Quality, Sanitation, Maintenance, Scheduling, and Warehouse. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Education And/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and/or five to seven years plant/general management experience in a food manufacturing environment including but not limited to baked good, icings, fruit fillings, and dry mixes.
- Experience in Logistics and Supply Chain.
- Working knowledge of budgets and financial statements.
- Background with manufacturing methods, process/continuous improvement programs and procedures, and quality management systems required.
- Strong knowledge of all governmental regulations concerning the operations, e.g., OSHA, FDA, HAACP, as well as good manufacturing practices for food processing facilities
- Background in MRP/ERP software including experience in implementation.
- Experience with capital investment.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Familiarity with mechanical functions of all machines/equipment.
- Personal computer skills to include spreadsheet software and word processing software (MS Word & Excel).
- Proven competency in supervisory activities which require conflict management, developing subordinates, directing subordinates, managing and measuring performance, motivating, building team spirit and morale, and understanding diverse viewpoints.
: $150,000.00 - $200,000.00 per year + 25% AIGBenefits
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance