Job Title: Plant Manager
Location: Creston, IA
Salary: $145-165K plus bonus
Job Summary of the Plant Manager: Site operations lead for the facility. The Plant Manager oversees all daily operations of the plant from production and manufacturing while ensuring policies and procedures are followed. This position develops processes that maximize ownership, stewardship, safety, quality and productivity.
Job Responsibilities of the Plant Manager:
- Ensures for a safe and healthy workplace for all employees by actively participating in the leadership of plant safety programs and ensures adherence to all safety policies.
- Adhere to Quality work practices, follow GMP’s, maintain sanitary conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained.
- Responsible for Food Safety and Food Quality of products; identify and address conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
- Provide overall leadership, direction and coordination for plant operations.
- Ensure all plant personnel are operating in compliance with plant and corporate procedures as well as compliance with customer and regulatory regulations.
- Provide coaching and development of plant staff to ensure effective leadership.
- Plan and supervise the design and progress of capital projects.
- Develops and implements financial and non-financial objectives.
- Identify and implement strategies to improve performance, meeting and exceeding plant Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Monitor and set standards for operations and help identify and correct bottlenecks.
- Increase production asset capacity and flexibility while minimizing unnecessary costs.
Education & Experience of the Plant Manager:
- 10+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Food manufacturing experience required. USDA experience beneficial.
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) from four-year college or university, preferably a B.S. in Food Science, Engineering, or Management. Master's Degree in Engineering or Management Preferred.
- A demonstrated knowledge of organizational effectiveness and operations management and a track record of achieving results against a comprehensive set of KPIs.
- Excellent problem solving, and reasoning skills required.
- Ability to analyze downtime and financial variance trends, identifying actions to deliver expected performance.