The Plant Manager will plan and oversee the growth plan and management of daily operations of our meat processing organization to ensure production goals and objectives are achieved. This will be accomplished by driving continuous improvement and optimization of all processes including safety, quality, and productivity
Success will be measured by the financial growth of the company.
- Hires and trains new employees.
- Organizes and oversees the schedules and work of assigned staff.
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees as needed and in accordance with company policy.
- Develop and implement strategies to improve safety, quality, and customer service.
- Develop and implement standard operating procedures for all aspects of the operation.
- Monitor and evaluate plant and individual department performance and make recommendations for improvement to ensure growth plans are achieved.
- Provide leadership to ensure effective utilization of plant personnel and equipment.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including customers, suppliers, and regulatory agencies.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant regulations and standards.
- Develop and manage budgets, schedules, and staffing plans.
- Hire, train, and develop a team of skilled professionals.
- Ensure that all team members are trained in safety procedures and comply with safety regulations.
- Lead and develop the management team while embracing the company core values.
- Ensure all departments understand the growth and capacity expectations.
- Decision Making
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Financial Management
- Fluency in English (verbal and written)
- Bilingual skills (English and Spanish/Karen or Hmong) is preferred
- Excellent managerial and supervisory skills.
- Extensive knowledge of operations and production management.
- Ability to interpret financial data as needed to set production goals.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Business Management, Business Administration, or related field required; M.B.A. preferred.
- Five years of related experience required.
This job operates in a professional causal office environment with significant time on the production floor mentoring managers and supervisors.
- Must be able to access and navigate the production facility (40 degree).
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 60 pounds at a time.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is an exempt full-time position. Hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 6:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Occasional weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be requested.
Lorentz Meats will not accept unsolicited resumes or candidate information. No recruitment firm or agency calls/emails please.