The HR Generalist at Signature Solar is responsible for completing a variety of tasks to support the daily operations of the HR department with the ability to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner. The right candidate for this role should display a passion for people, processes, and procedures to help foster Signature Solar as an employer of choice.
A successful candidate must be able to:
- Assist with the day-to-day duties of the HR team
- Source candidates and schedule/attend interviews with hiring managers
- Draft HR templates as needed and assigned by the Sr Manager of HR
- Update HR databases (new hires, separations, leave balances. etc.)
- Draft and file unemployment claims
- Assist with employee relations investigations as needed
- Maintain manager and employee confidence by keeping sensitive information confidential
- Creating onboarding plans and educating newly hired employees on HR policies, internal procedures, and regulations
- Maintaining physical and digital files for employees and their documents
- Working with leadership to provide guidance on disciplinary actions with team members who violate rules and regulations and addressing team member grievances
- All other duties as assigned
A successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local employment laws
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Advanced computer skills, including data entry, data processing, communication tools, and payroll and human resources software
- Problem-solving skills and resourceful thinking
- Leadership and coaching skills
- Strong empathy and interpersonal skills
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Attention to detail and analytically driven
- Proven work experience in HR or a similar field where discretion and confidentiality are a critical components
- Education and/or equivalent experience in Human Resources is preferred
- Strong computer skills in a Google Workplace environment
- This position may require the ability to perform tasks that involve sitting, standing, walking, lifting, computer work and other physical activities. Candidates should be able to meet these physical demands with or without reasonable accommodations.
Signature Solar Perks:
- Supplemental life.
- Company-branded merchandise.
- Community events.
- Company-funded continued education opportunities.
- Discounts and perks through locally owned businesses.
- Free Lunch Fridays!
- Signature Solar is an equal opportunity employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, age, ancestry, national origin, mental or physical disability or medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.