Alltrista Plastics LLC, is a subsidiary of Jadex Inc., and is a leading manufacturer in high-volume, precision injection molded parts.The company designs and manufactures with proprietary engineering processes and extensive manufacturing capabilities, from five (5) locations worldwide. From the first spark of an idea, through the design of the mold to the actual manufactured product, Alltrista Plastics focuses all efforts on delivering innovative plastic solutions.The company’s core markets include Consumer Products, Medical/Healthcare, Personal Care, Health & Beauty, Caps & Closures, and Packaging.
Tooling Manager - Greenville, SC (Greer, SC)
Reporting to the Engineering / Technical Manager, the Tooling Manager is responsible for the effective management and operation of the tool room to obtain the optimum performance at the lowest operating costs ensuring total customer satisfaction.
- Drive a strong health, safety and environmental culture and ensure adherence by all toolroom personnel. Monitor and evaluate safety performance on a regular basis, leading regular meetings to identify and address safety risks and environmental opportunities.
- Supervise toolroom personnel by assigning daily tasks based on production priorities and report progress.
- Prepare and submit Approval For Expenditure (AFE) documentation for new and existing tools.
- Monitor down cavitation conditions and assure that corrective actions are implemented to meet expectations of the manufacturing operation.
- Monitor and maintain spare parts inventory for each tool via IQS.
- Develop and maintain preventative maintenance plans for existing and new tools. Schedule repairs and complete them on time and within budgetary requirements.
- Promote an environment of continuous improvement.
- Recommend and assist in developing new programs to train toolroom personnel.
- Work with external mold designers and tooling service providers throughout projects to assist with resolving design concerns.
- Develop annual budgets and consistently operate within established budget parameters.
- Perform other duties as required and/or assigned.
- 5+ years injection molding processing experience.
- 5+ years of injection molding tooling repair experience.
- 3+ years of supervisory or lead experience.
- Experience in planning, resource allocation, employee relations, leadership techniques and coordination of people and resources; Proven track record of improving performance through coaching and learning support in a leadership role.
- Advanced knowledge of machine shop, machining practices, injection molding, molds and mold design
- Thorough knowledge of safety specifications and procedures.
- Understanding of quality standards and systems including Statistical Process Control and other quality measurements.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Teams along with Cority IQS, Ceridian Dayforce & Smartsheet preferred.
The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions. Please refer to the Physical Job Description, which is contained as a separate document, for more detail.
Environment: Normal manufacturing environments; work with machinery and media in or around confined spaces; exposure to chemicals, grease and oils.
Physical: Sufficient physical ability to perform heavy lifting and carrying; reaching, kneeling, crawling, climbing; standing for moderate periods of time.
Vision: See in the normal visual range with or without correction; vision sufficient to read computer screens and printed documents.
Hearing: Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
Other: Ability to work overtime or occasionally on weekends with short notice.
- Competitive salary and bonus structure
- Full benefits package
- 401K with match
- Strong vacation and corporate holiday policy
The above statements describe the general nature and level of responsibilities for this position, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of this position. Company management may assign other relevant, business-related duties.
Jadex Inc and its Businesses do not discriminate in employment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.