Jadex Inc. (Jadex) is a leader in manufacturing and material science by utilizing innovation and technology to develop sustainable products that serve the medical, industrial, and consumer markets. Our success is built on our four operating companies, which supply a range of products including custom-designed plastic components, engineered nylon resins and monofilaments, zinc products, and temperature-controlled products, that solve both industrial and consumer challenges.
At Jadex, our vision is innovation with intention. Our mission is to create products that provide superior performance while minimizing their impact on the environment. We are passionate about our employees, customers, and cultivating the right partnerships. We seek to foster a creative and collaborative culture, lead our industry with sustainable solutions, and have fun along the way!
Strategic Sourcing Manager (Indirect Spend) - Greer, SC
The Manager, Strategic Sourcing will drive a center led process with manufacturing procurement and cross-functional teams. This position will focus on two key areas: 1) developing and driving favorable cost and supply agreements for indirect spend categories including capital equipment, tooling, energy / utilities, MRO, and others 2) work with sourcing teams within each of the business units to develop and drive streamline systems, processes and best practices across the enterprise.
- Develops and integrates short- mid and long-term procurement strategies and tactics to meet business needs, providing material and procurement expertise.
- Drives achievement of cost and service goals for all indirect spend category purchases.
- Collaborates with other functional areas within division and plant procurement to drive achievement of agreed-to deliverables for direct/indirect procurement projects for raw materials, packaging, automation and assembly per customer and company requirements and specifications.
- Drives development and use of standardized SOP’s across the business to promote a common system and best practices.
- Leads data management and reporting for Jadex sourcing, including scorecards and dashboards
- Develops and manages a supplier sourcing strategy. Will develop a supplier segmentation process based on performance and technology, including a supplier scorecard to track performance.
- Supports new business development with costs for capital equipment, tooling, automation, packaging, etc. as needed.
- Supports Design Engineering Development with management of mold makers and equipment suppliers.
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the company and outside parties.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Procurement, Supply Chain Engineering or related field.
- ISM CPSM Certification preferred.
- Seven years of experience in procurement for Indirect spend categories, including tooling, capital equipment and energy.
- Seven years of experience in high volume manufacturing, project management and processes.
- Great organizational and planning capabilities with exceptional problem—prevention/solving skills.
- Exceptional teamwork and communication skills including the ability to get things done and meet commitments by working with and through others; requires being able to establish effective work relationships at all levels, internally and with customers/suppliers.
- Proficiency in use of medium to large scale Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Product Data Management (PDM) MS Office power user; especially Excel, PowerPoint & Microsoft Project.
- Maintains the professional competence, knowledge and skill necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.
The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions. Please refer to the Physical Job Description, which is contained as a separate document, for more detail.
Environment: Normal manufacturing environments; work with machinery and media in or around confined spaces; exposure to chemicals, grease and oils.
Physical: Sufficient physical ability to perform heavy lifting and carrying; reaching, kneeling, crawling, climbing; standing for moderate periods of time.
Vision: See in the normal visual range with or without correction; vision sufficient to read computer screens and printed documents.
Hearing: Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
Other: Ability to work overtime or occasionally on weekends with short notice.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of responsibilities for this position, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of this position. Company management may assign other relevant, business-related duties.