MACHINE OPERATOR / 2ND SHIFT
Primarily responsible for operating a relatively basic machine in a manufacturing environment.
Essential Job Functions*
- Prepares Items for Processing by being responsible for receipt inspection and preparation of parts and ensuring assigned machine is in good working condition.
- Machine Production by operating machine in accordance with established procedures; using knowledge and experience to resolve basic operating problems and reports other problems to supervisor; conserving resources by using equipment and supplies to complete tasks without waste; and cleaning machine after operations and places discarded material designated areas.
- Maintains Quality by conducting multiple spot checks during the workday to ensure products meet established standards; and maintaining a log of items identified as out of tolerance with established standards.
- Ensures Safety by maintaining a clean and organized work environment, follows safety policies and procedures, and reports unsafe conditions to Supervisor.
* This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Employees are expected and encouraged to participate in safety and health program activities including immediately reporting hazards, immediately reporting unsafe work practices and incidents to supervisors, wearing required personal protective equipment, and participating in and supporting safety committee activities.
Education & Experience
- High School Diploma.
- Ability to read and follow documented instructions in English or Spanish.
- Strong attention to detail.
Competencies – Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Strong ability to work accurately from verbal and written instructions and procedures.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Related experience in a manufacturing setting preferred
- Will receive training on specific machine to be operated.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Maintenance: Self-paced, 8 hr shifts. May be exposed to fumes, loud noises and extreme temperatures infrequently. Functional near, far and peripheral vision and functional hearing required.
Maintenance: Medium - Very heavy, lifting up to 150 lbs.
The Hillman Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, protected veteran or military status, genetic information, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.