ARTAZN LLC, a Jadex Inc. company, is a US-based manufacturer of zinc strip and applied zinc products. Headquartered in Greeneville, Tennessee, we are the largest North American producer of solid zinc strip and zinc-based products, and one of the largest in the world. For over a century, ARTAZN™’s craftsmen and visionaries have fueled innovative solutions and a manufacturing process centered around maximizing the transformative properties of zinc. ARTAZN™ is one of the leading coin blank manufacturers, with 300 billion coins released into circulation, and also supplies for customers in the automotive, architectural, building, cathodic protection and specialty industries.
ARTAZN™ is committed to: always being customer first; responding to client needs with innovative, high-quality solutions that are efficient and reliable; creating value through performance.
Coinage Supervisor – Greeneville, TN
Job Duties / Responsibilities:
- Accomplishes manufacturing results by meeting production schedules and delivery requirements by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and auditing job results; training, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; facilitating quality processes, meeting product specifications, and customer requirements; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Schedule’s workforce in accordance with the union agreement, including first step of the grievance process.
- Oversee coinage operations, schedule staffing requirements, adhere to Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) principles to maximize equipment availability, and apply data-driven problem solving for all operating equipment and processes.
- Apply Lean Manufacturing principles to maintain workflow, minimize Work-In-Process inventory, utilize, and monitor standard work practices, apply control and response plans, audit key process variables, and maintain visual measurement and control systems.
- Engage and participate in process improvement and cost reduction projects using Statistical Process Control (SPC) and Design of Experiments (DOE).
- Promote teamwork and communication fostering a spirit of cooperation within and between departments.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, PPE, and resources, maintaining compliance with established policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements.
- Participates in and encourages employees to achieve the goals of the company behavioral-based safety program.
- Operates and maintains wastewater treatment system; manages all waste materials and containers related to Coinage operations in accordance with Jarden Zinc Products, State of Tennessee, and Federal regulatory requirements.
- Prioritize activities across all shifts especially in areas of high importance by conducting and documenting a shift-to-shift hand-off meeting. Report preparation should include the review of operator inspection sheets for missing or out of spec conditions.
- Coordinate Maintenance Department work in assigned areas for timely response.
- Recognize and develop cost reduction initiatives.
- Assist Coinage Department Manager on budgets and staffing requirements.
- Consult with Quality Department to set and communicate product & process specifications
- Coordinate with R&D and process engineering to roll out and scale up new processes
Education / Experience / Skills
- Associate of science in a technical field preferred (chemical or mechanical engineering or chemistry).
- Prior supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment.
- 3 years of plating experience in a high-volume environment preferred.
- Understanding of quality and cost concepts.
- Good written and oral communication skills with all levels of the organization
- Good interpersonal skills including the ability to lead by example, to function with a team, and to direct and influence others in a positive fashion.
- Ability to use a computer including word processing and spreadsheets.
Specialized Working conditions and % Travel: (i.e., hearing, vision, extreme temperatures)
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently working with fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals such as Chlorine Gas or Ammonia or other process chemical vapors and cyanide, sulfuric acid and/or lye.
- Work is required close to an Alkaline Potassium Cyanide plating bath which presents inherent risks and can be toxic.
- Must be able to work weekends when called upon.
- The noise level in the work environment requires the use of hearing protection.
- The employee occasionally works in elevated places and in varying climates, cold and hot, with mechanical/electrical and chemical processes and equipment.
- Must qualify to be fitted and wear a self-contained breathing apparatus.
- Competitive salary and bonus structure
- Full benefits package
- 401K with match
- Strong vacation and corporate holiday policy