ARTAZN LLC, a Jadex Inc. company, is a US-based manufacturer of zinc strip and applied zinc products. Headquartered in Greeneville, Tennessee, we are the largest North American producer of solid zinc strip and zinc-based products, and one of the largest in the world. For over a century, ARTAZN™’s craftsmen and visionaries have fueled innovative solutions and a manufacturing process centered around maximizing the transformative properties of zinc. ARTAZN™ is one of the leading coin blank manufacturers, with 300 billion coins released into circulation, and also supplies for customers in the automotive, architectural, building, cathodic protection and specialty industries.
ARTAZN™ is committed to: always being customer first; responding to client needs with innovative, high-quality solutions that are efficient and reliable; creating value through performance.
Chemical Process Engineer - Greeneville, TN
Responsible for engineering and technical support of Coinage Department manufacturing operations. This includes tracking department key input and output metrics and developing action plans to meet or exceed departmental objectives. Determine run rates and line layouts for future plating jobs. Write crane programs to control plating lines for proper operation. Review real-time and scrap reports to ensure proper plating operation. This role reports to the Coinage Department Manager
Job Duties / Responsibilities
- Oversee operation, troubleshoot process problems, schedule line maintenance, and provide technical support for all processes in the Coinage Department
- Put forward, lead, and direct cost improvement initiatives to meet departmental objectives to include, but not limited to, safety, quality, efficiency, and cost focused projects.
- Work with groups to determine existing process capabilities and identify areas of improvement that will position products more favorably in the market and improve margin, which includes evaluating new processes or new equipment that will provide enhanced process capability where required to meet market demands.
- Develop and maintain documentation for processes including control plans, work instructions, inspection forms, etc. and assist in providing materials for training operators.
- Assist Coinage Department Manager in areas not listed.
- Work with EH&S Department to assure processes, personnel, and equipment operate in a safe and environmentally compliant manner
- Coordinate Maintenance Department work in assigned areas
- Work with key leaders to determine root cause and corrective measures as assigned
- Work with Quality Department to assure products meet or exceed specifications and provide appropriate information for any customer quality complaints
- Work with Development Department to roll out and scale up new processes
- Work with Supervisors to troubleshoot operational issues
- Use 8D, 5 Why, FEMA, Design of Experiments to improve operations
Qualifications (Education / Experience / Skills)
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Chemical Engineering preferred. Minimum of Bachelor of Science in Chemistry
- 5 years minimum experience
- Experience in electroplating highly preferred
- Certified Electroplater Finisher (CEF) preferred
- Understanding of cost accounting concepts
- Good written and oral communication skills with all levels of the organization
- Good interpersonal skills including the ability to lead by example, to function with team, and to direct and influence others in a positive fashion
- Continuous Improvement (Lean, Six Sigma, et. al.) skills preferred.
- Competitive salary and bonus structure
- Full benefits package
- 401K with match
- Strong vacation and corporate holiday policy
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. Reasonable accommodation is available to all disabled employees, where their disability affects the performance of job functions. Artazn LLC is committed to taking all other actions necessary to ensure equal opportunity for persons with disabilities in accordance with the ADA and all other applicable federal, state and local laws.