The Boring Company was founded to solve the problem of soul-destroying traffic by creating an underground network of tunnels. Today, we are creating the technology to increase tunneling speed and decrease costs by a factor of 10 or more with the ultimate goal of making Hyperloop adoption viable and enabling rapid transit across densely populated regions.
As a System Administrator you will be responsible for workstation, VOIP, network and end-user support in a rapidly advancing multi-site environment. This position provides an opportunity for a motivated individual to expand their skill set while being introduced to the entire IT service and support stack.
- Design, deploy and manage construction and tunnel network, server, and end-user equipment.
- Discover end-user needs, implement innovative solutions, and adapt as requirements evolve.
- Provide end-user support for O365, Gsuite, VMS, Windows, Ubuntu, printers, network appliances.
- Manage device inventory and provisioning for new users.
- Assist in deployment of network equipment, firewalls, cameras, servers.
- Troubleshoot and resolve basic end-user requests.
- Generate and maintain technical documentation.
- Bachelor’s or equivalent work experience.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Ability to handle a rapidly changing set of requirements and schedules.
- Experience building or maintaining network, OS, printing, application support in a small/medium sized business.
- Experience automating repetitive tasks.
- Familiarity with disk imaging and software deployment tools.
- Working knowledge of common cloud services: O365, Gsuite.
- Basic exposure to Active Directory and DNS management.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with a practical solutions-based approach.
- Ability to work long hours and weekends as necessary.
- Willingness to learn new skills and grow into greater responsibility.
Reporting Location: Bastrop, Texas - Headquarters
We're a team of dedicated, smart, and scrappy people. Our employees are passionate about our mission and determined to innovate at every opportunity.
We offer employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage, a 401(k) plan, paid holidays, paid vacation, and a competitive amount of equity for all permanent employees.
The Boring Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with The Boring Company is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.