The Boring Company was founded to solve the problem of soul-destroying traffic by creating an underground network of tunnels. Today, we are creating the technology to increase tunneling speed and decrease costs by a factor of 10 or more with the ultimate goal of making Hyperloop adoption viable and enabling rapid transit across densely populated regions.
- Design and implement tunnel boring HMIs in an iterative process
- Visualize relevant data for different stakeholders using dashboards (e.g., Grafana)
- Execute user research and requirements gathering for new and existing products
- Take ownership of relevant Boring Company websites
- Develop web-based engineering tool UIs to use in the field
- Bachelor’s degree in human computer interaction, human factors, interaction design, computer science or related discipline and 2+ years of experience in front end development OR 4+ years of experience in front end development.
- Familiar with SQL, NoSQL and Time series databases
- Experience using git or similar versioning tools for development
- Ability and motivation to learn new skills rapidly
- Capable of working with imperfect information
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Previous experience in evaluating complex user needs and implementing HMIs for different machines (automotive, automation industry, …)
- Experience in designing and testing user interfaces in iterations
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Work experience in agile teams is a plus
- Ability to work long hours and weekends as necessary.
Reporting Location: Bastrop, Texas - Headquarters
We're a team of dedicated, smart, and scrappy people. Our employees are passionate about our mission and determined to innovate at every opportunity.
We offer employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage, a 401(k) plan, paid holidays, paid vacation, and a competitive amount of equity for all permanent employees.
The Boring Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with The Boring Company is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.