The Boring Company was founded to solve the problem of soul-destroying traffic by creating an underground network of tunnels. Today, we are creating the technology to increase tunneling speed and decrease costs by a factor of 10 or more with the ultimate goal of making Hyperloop adoption viable and enabling rapid transit across densely populated regions.
Our Las Vegas Loop is a first of its kind transportation system that includes our LVCC Loop and any future service extensions including resorts along the Strip, Harry Reid International Airport, Allegiant Stadium, and downtown Las Vegas. We are looking for a strategic operator to oversee the successful operation of Vegas Loop.
- Manage a team of operators, technicians, drivers and personnel.
- Implement improvements that increase operational efficiency.
- Build and maintain training material and other documentation.
- Identify and react to technical issues in the Loop, quickly coming up with mitigating actions
- Work with civil servants, elected officials, and contractors in local, state, and federal governing bodies ensuring technology and operations are up to code
- Identify weak points in the system, then propose and execute corrective actions
- Work closely with architectural and engineering teams on needed designs and features, and deliver actionable requirements as the system scales
- Strategically stay ahead of an evolving and scaling system with appropriate operational and technological changes
- Make determinations on the best internal and outsourced approach for technical work
- Bachelor's Degree.
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated ability to learn and adapt to change
- Strong attention to detail
- Motivated to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in a field of engineering.
- 8+ years of relevant experience
- Position may require extended hours and weekend work.
We're a team of dedicated, smart, and scrappy people. Our employees are passionate about our mission and determined to innovate at every opportunity.
We offer employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage, a 401(k) plan, paid holidays, paid vacation, and a competitive amount of equity for all permanent employees.
The Boring Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with The Boring Company is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.