Alltrista Plastics LLC, is a subsidiary of Jadex Inc., and is a leading manufacturer in high-volume, precision injection molded parts.The company designs and manufactures with proprietary engineering processes and extensive manufacturing capabilities, from five (5) locations worldwide. From the first spark of an idea, through the design of the mold to the actual manufactured product, Alltrista Plastics focuses all efforts on delivering innovative plastic solutions.The company’s core markets include Consumer Products, Medical/Healthcare, Personal Care, Health & Beauty, Caps & Closures, and Packaging.
Plant Operations Manager - Puerto Rico
Responsible for the effective performance of a 50-person 24/5 injection molding and compression blow forming manufacturing operation with sales of approximately $12 million.
- Accountable for plant manufacturing operations in accordance with process and product specifications and quality standards, complying with contractual and/or customer requirements.
- Leadership responsibility for profit & loss (P&L).
- Measure, analyze and report weekly manufacturing KPI performance on safety, quality, OTD, cost, throughput, and waste. Identify opportunities and risks and direct changes/actions to achieve business goals.
- Establishes and maintains a positive employee relations climate and develops and maintains safe and health working conditions to reduce frequency and/or seriousness of industrial accidents.
- Manage, mentor and coach direct and indirect reports as appropriate to build a culture of accountability, integrity and alignment with the division leadership.
- Implement Operational Excellence initiatives and visual management programs to drive lower cost of operations across all product lines in support of a continuous improvement culture.
- Lead bi-weekly business reviews with sales, inventory, and operations planning.
- Analyze daily production performance versus the Standards and develops/implements corrective actions to ensure productivity targets and expectations are met.
- Capital budget responsibilities including project justification, budget development, AFE preparation, planning and accountability.
- Lead yearly budget initiatives that drive cost reduction, performance improvements, training needs, and capital investments.
- Partners with Finance to understand manufacturing and cost variances and develops action plans to ensure unit cost targets are met or exceeded.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Business, Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years previous operations experience managing employees.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish ** Required **
- Experience managing business operations of $15M sales or greater.
- Demonstrated successful production and quality management experience.
- Proactivity in identification and execution of manufacturing and personal improvements,
- TQM & Teamwork skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Lean Manufacturing Principals – 5S, Gemba, Value Stream Mapping, Standard Work, Kaizen, SMED, etc.
- Competitive salary and bonus structure
- Full benefits package
- 401K with match
- Strong vacation and corporate holiday policy
The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
Environment: Normal manufacturing environments; work with machinery and media in or around confined spaces; exposure to chemicals, grease and oils.
Physical: Sufficient physical ability to perform heavy lifting and carrying; reaching, kneeling, crawling, climbing; standing for moderate periods of time.
Vision: See in the normal visual range with or without correction; vision sufficient to read computer screens and printed documents.
Hearing: Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
Other: Ability to work overtime or occasionally on weekends with short notice.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of responsibilities for this position, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of this position. Company management may assign other relevant, business-related duties.
Jadex Inc and its Businesses do not discriminate in employment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.