ARTAZN LLC, a Jadex Inc. company, is a US-based manufacturer of zinc strip and applied zinc products. Headquartered in Greeneville, Tennessee, we are the largest North American producer of solid zinc strip and zinc-based products, and one of the largest in the world. For over a century, ARTAZN™’s craftsmen and visionaries have fueled innovative solutions and a manufacturing process centered around maximizing the transformative properties of zinc. ARTAZN™ is one of the leading coin blank manufacturers, with 300 billion coins released into circulation, and also supplies for customers in the automotive, architectural, building, cathodic protection and specialty industries.
ARTAZN™ is committed to: always being customer first; responding to client needs with innovative, high-quality solutions that are efficient and reliable; creating value through performance.
Process Engineering Technician - Greeneville, TN
Provide oversight of product quality and process stability for all plating and pre/post plating operations within the Coinage Department. Provides technical assistance to coinage supervision to identify and correct all quality or process issues within the Coinage Department.
30% Perform in-process inspection and analysis of product and processes against in-house, ISO, ASTM and/or Customer specifications as needed.
20% Monitor and audit process data and product quality checks to insure compliance with control plan and product/process specifications.
20% Provide technical assistance to coinage supervision on quality or process issues throughout the Coinage department and perform root cause analysis to identify and correct these issues.
10% Assist with pre-production, development and/or first-off samples to insure all data is collected and documented processes are followed.
10% Appropriately records data and observations, as directed by the process engineers, and then communicates the resulting information in an accurate, meaningful, useable, and timely manner.
10% Aids in providing training to new or inexperienced operators throughout the Coinage department.
- Maintains skills to provide back-up support to the Chemical Lab Technicians as needed.
- Actively contributes to continual improvement activities and procedural development/maintenance.
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the Corporation and the community; and maintains the professional competence, knowledge and skill necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.
- Performs such individual assignments as management may direct including safety audits.
Experience / Qualifications
- Associate of Science Degree in Science or Technology and/or a minimum of two (2) years experience in a quality lab or process technician role in an electroplating operation preferred.
- Basic computer literacy to include keyboard use, Microsoft windows, word processing and spreadsheets required.
- Experience in SPC, lean manufacturing and other process control systems preferred.
- Above average aptitude, demonstrated learning skills.
- Ability to perform work in accordance with established safe practices and uses all pertinent PPE as prescribed.