Job Title: Yard Patcher
Reports to: Yard Supervisor
Responsible for removing rough or defective spots from finished concrete products prior to shipping
- Utilize special tools and apply patching skills and knowledge to repair blemishes in concrete.
- Apply cementitious materials to hardened concrete walls for a smoother structural appearance
- Inspect all assigned products for cracks, spalls, chips, and color variations
- Able to learn patch mix
- Able to perform complex patching of major defects
- Ability and willingness to learn and be trained
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members
- Must work safely and be team oriented
- Good attendance and positive attitude
- Knowledge and skills to use basic tools
- Knowledge of basic measurements and how to read a tape measure
- Understand and can apply basic mathematical skills (adding, subtracting, multiplication and division)
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent but not required. On-the-job training offered. Precast/construction experience is preferred, but not required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, twist, and walk, must be able to use various hand tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance on elevated surfaces; and stoop, kneel, squat, crouch or crawl. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Constant and continual medium to heavy manual, physical labor is required for this position.
Must be able to wear personal protection (PPE) such as steel toe work boots, respirators, hard hats, hi-vis vests, safety glasses and hearing protection. This is an outdoor work environment: Exposure to sun, heat, humidity, cold, wind, light rain, sand and dust. Works close by and exposed to moving construction vehicles such as forklifts, front-end loaders, cranes and tractor-trailers.
- Life and Accident insurance
- Legal Shield/Identity theft protection
- 401(k) with company match
- Medicare, Retirement planning, and Social Security assistance
- On-demand pay
- Educational Expense reimbursement
- Employee Assistance program
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick time
- Paid Maternity leave
- Paid holidays
GATE Precast is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace
For more information about us, please visit our website at www.gateprecast.com