Aludyne is recognized as the #1 aluminum knuckle manufacturer in the world. We have over 30 strategically located facilities across the globe, with leading market shares in several key regions. With this infrastructure, we are able to serve our global customers as well as meet the needs of local demands of speed, flexibility and efficiency.
At Aludyne, we aim to recruit and retain smart, inquisitive people fueled by the same entrepreneurial spirit that drives us. It’s how we deliver on the promises we make to customers, and to each other. We believe in continuous improvement for our workforce and providing them with the tools necessary to further their career while also giving them the autonomy to make a defined difference.
Benefits We Offer:
Comprehensive Benefits Package to include medical, dental and vision insurance, Health Savings Account with annual employer contributions, Flexible Spending Accounts, Tuition Reimbursement, Employer 401K Match, Employee Assistance Program, paid vacation and holidays.
Visit us to learn more about life at Aludyne!
We are hiring a Quality Engineer to join our team. This position is responsible for identifying and raising quality issues and for quickly resolving them to ensure zero impact to the customer. Works in a team environment to develop and implement best practices that emphasize defect prevention, reduction in variation and waste and provide for continuous improvements in meeting all customer requirements.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Manage all quality-related issues within the manufacturing team (e.g. internal, supplier, customer and customer warranty)
- Identify root cause and initiate permanent corrective actions for product quality issues
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to resolve quality issues that arise as quickly and efficiently as possible to prevent compromising quality and safety standards
- Carry out product and process auditing
- Ensure control plans and associated documentation are implemented effectively and maintained
- Monitor and report on quality-related key performance indicators including scrap monitoring, rework levels, parts per million (PPM) figures
- Stop production in the event of manufacture of unacceptable goods/processes
- Ensure compliance and assist with adherence to the Quality Management system (IATF16949/ISO9001)
- Write product test procedures
- Undertake special projects as required
- Assist with training of quality awareness
- Report on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in order to adhere to process and prevent occurrence of any non-conformity relating to product, process or system
- Assist with first off sample and PPAP approvals
- Promote the use of customer preferred techniques for continuous improvement such as Six-Sigma, Poka-Yoke (Error Proofing), and Measurement System Analysis
- Participate in cross-functional teams in the development of new products or changes related to current products in meeting customer requirements
- Participate in the development and refinement of Design and Process FMEA’s (Failure Mode and Effects Analysis)
- Manage the Supplier Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Manage and coordinate customer PPM (Parts per Million), supplier PPM, supplier problem solving on time, cost recovery and supplier warranty indicators
- Lead quality audits, Product Audits, Quality Management Systems Audits, and Layered Process Audits
- Keep up with current and developing manufacturing and engineering trends that concern product quality
- Undertake special projects as required
- Contribute to continuous improvement activities
- Quality control of work by appropriate reviews
- Support and lead process improvement activities
- Write reports and present progress at project meetings and to clients
- Achieve goals within budget
- Plan projects or subtasks so they may be tracked and presented
- Attend various meetings and action/communicate instructions
- Produce written reports and make presentations
- Perform root cause analysis and resolve problems
- Independently determine approach and assigned tasks
- Manufacturing/engineering degree preferred
- Previous experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment, preferably automotive
- Six Sigma/Lean Manufacturing skills-
- Experience of dealing with customers and suppliers
- Lean Manufacturing knowledge
- Knowledge of IATF16949 and ISO9000
- Understanding of ISO14001 and Health and Safety practices
- Understanding of engineering drawings and manufacturing processes
- Associate degree required
Aludyne is an equal employment opportunity employer such that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or other legally protected status.