Delaco Kasle Processing - Buffalo an affiliated company of The Diez Group, is a tier one manufacturing supplier of steel and aluminum blanked material. The Diez Group is a Hispanic owned minority business that believes in on time delivery of high quality products at a competitive price to its customers. We are a widely recognized, award winning part supplier, serving the automotive industry for over 45 years.
To learn more about us, visit our website: http://thediezgroup.com
As the Press Helper, you are responsible for performing skilled type of work focused on the operation of the press line, working with other key line positions to ensure that all tasks are performed in a safe and efficient manner.
- Understand and follow safety policies and procedures to ensure compliance in all areas of safety.
- Comprehend all related work instructions and SOP manuals in order to train other production line team members.
- Quality Functions:
- Maintain quality requirements of products by performing prescribed quality inspections per associated instructions and record all product checks on appropriate check sheets to be turned in for review.
- Report any quality or safety conditions that prevent the line (and all related equipment) from operating efficiently and effectively to the Lead Press Operator, Shift Leader or Production Supervisor.
- Record reject material in MIS, print reject tags and tag all rejected products.
- Operation Functions:
- Monitor Stacker Operator, ensuring quality and quantity of blanks.
- Prepare pallets to load into stacker and ensure cardboard placed on pallets is clean and sensor hole cutouts are present and correct.
- Perform other necessary job functions outlined by associated instructions and check sheets, including performing as Press Operator as needed.
- Assist the Lead Press Operator in maintaining production boards to ensure goals are being met and communicate with the Shift Leader or Production Supervisor if issues arise.
- Assist Lead Press Operator in addressing maintenance issues in eMaintenance system.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all of the activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time with or without notice.
Qualifications and Skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and basic knowledge of arithmetic.
- Self-motivated, self-directed and have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Capable of handling multiple activities at the same time.
- Ability to work as part of a team and collaborate effectively.
- Ability to repeatedly lift heavy objects, walk and stand for long periods of time and perform strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions.
- Flexible with working overtime as needed.
- Must adhere to all company policies, including attendance.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous experience in the manufacturing industry.
- Proven knowledge and proficiency in operation or quality inspection positions.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, five days a week, 8-12 hour shift. Extended hours and work days may be necessary based on business needs. All positions start as General Utility making $16.40/hr. After training, pay is $19.65/hr for hours performing Press Helper duties.
This position operates in a heavy industrial steel processing and distribution plant. When on the plant floor the required Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) must be appropriately worn.
- Paid Time Off / Holiday Pay
- Medical Insurance
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Critical Illness and Accident Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401(K) + Company Match
- Family Medical Leave
- Bereavement Leave
- Workers Compensation
- Direct Deposit Paychecks
- Employee Referral Program
- Company Uniforms
- Safety Boots and Prescription Glasses Voucher
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.