Local (Class A CDL) truck drivers are needed within the Buffalo, NY area to ensure the safe transportation of finished goods to our customer while maintaining the quality of the product. DKP Buffalo, LLC is a three (3)-shift operation specializing in steel and aluminum coil blanking servicing the Automotive Stamping Industry. With this position, our Truck Drivers get to go home every night.
• Ensure the proper securement of product while adhering to load securement requirements as outline in the DOT guidelines
• Follow Company safety policies and procedures
• Stay on a predetermined route and ensure timely deliveries
• Confirm contents of each shipment load matches the manifest document
• Perform inspections of your vehicle prior to and following each trip
• Always ensure your vehicle is kept clean
• Other duties as assigned
• Skilled at driving at least a ten speed vehicle
• Comfortable maneuvering and parking a tractor-trailer• Alert, focused, and detail-oriented• Physically and mentally fit• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. at a time
• Disciplined, dependable, and resourceful
• High level of composure and good stress management
• Be able to pass a DOT Physical and drug test• Clean driving record
• All candidates must be able to work all shifts, Saturday, Sunday and overtime when needed
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a steel / aluminum processing and distribution plant. When on the plant floor at while making deliveries to the customer, the required Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) must be appropriately worn.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must be able to climb and descend a flight of stairs as needed.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Full Time. Shifts based on Union seniority.
Required Education and Experience•
High school diploma or GED• Completed a training program to obtain the Commercial Driver’s License• Valid Class A driver’s license• Metal Coil endorsement• 2+ years proved experience with load securement• 2+ years proven experience with tractor-trailer driving
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all of the activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may be added, deleted, or change at any time with or without notice.
Additional benefits include:
• Personal days- accrued one per quarter following the completion of your probationary period.
• Vacation awarded on your one year anniversary- forty (40) hours. Eight (80) hours on your 2 year anniversary.
• Nine (9) observed holidays- these are paid after completion of your probationary period
• Eligibility to participate in benefits, after 90 calendar days. Eligibility to participate in benefits, after 90 calendar days which includes Univera Healthcare/Health Savings Account, Delta Dental and VSP vision insurance. A full description of the offered will be provided at the time of orientation.
• 401k retirement savings plan - eligibility to participate upon completion of six months – company match is 50% up to the first 6%.
• Life Insurance-Core Life Insurance - at no cost for you
• Company provided uniforms - at no cost to you